Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron 1001 series "2000W" amps

Al Krow

A question for you BC'ers with either Bugera model to help those of us dithering and delaying, like Adonis proteges on steroids, get off the fence about getting one of these.

Have any of you felt that this has not hit the mark in terms of what you are after from an amp? Please put aside that they are ridiculously good value, which no one can seriously doubt, the question is much more about if you could choose between this and something costing 2 to 3 times more (e.g. a Markbass head or a Genzler M800) and you weren't being primarily driven by the price, would you still stick with your Bugera?

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Out of interest which model Bugera have you got?

1001T - the tube model. Just to confirm - the distortion was from the pickup height. The JV '57 s have a very hot and spiky output, particularly on the raised A. 

6 hours ago, Al Krow said:

A question for you BC'ers with either Bugera model to help those of us dithering and delaying, like Adonis proteges on steroids, get off the fence about getting one of these.

Have any of you felt that this has not hit the mark in terms of what you are after from an amp? Please put aside that they are ridiculously good value, which no one can seriously doubt, the question is much more about if you could choose between this and something costing 2 to 3 times more (e.g. a Markbass head or a Genzler M800) and you weren't being primarily driven by the price, would you still stick with your Bugera?

I don't have a lot of experience with different amps, but I can honestly say this is the best sounding, and probably most powerful amp I've ever owned. It does everything I need it to do and then some. I can't see the point of ever getting another amp. If it broke i'd buy another. The only GAS I get with regards to amps is maybe buying the valve version of this to go alongside the mosfet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/03/2020 at 17:08, Al Krow said:

I have the tube version and have no desire to get another amp at the moment. I've had a few amps over the years but the most comparable being an OBT and a Genz Shuttle both of which would be double the price I paid for the Bugera even 2nd hand and to my ears is more flexible than the orange (which l loved) and better sounding than the genz. 

It's difficult to take price out of the equation with these but I have no amp GAS at the moment if that answers your question. 2nd gig with it will be next week.

• Thanks 1

I've been gigging an old Trace AH300 for the last two weeks of our tour so I've really got used to the sound and feel. I've not been using the preshapes and have been using an amp simulator into the front end (VT or Orange Juice). 

I'm going to take the Veyron T out for tomorrow's show in Norwich so should be able to give an informed report back on how it compares in the heft dept. 

I'll be running it through a Nemesis 4 x 10.

Edited by King Tut

1 hour ago, King Tut said:

I've been gigging an old Trace AH300 for the last two weeks of our tour so I've really got used to the sound and feel. I've not been using the preshapes and have been using an amp simulator into the front end (VT or Orange Juice). 

I'm going to take the Veyron T out for tomorrow's show in Norwich so should be able to give an informed report back on how it compares in the heft dept. 

I'll be running it through a Nemesis 4 x 10.

It won't compare. It's the green lights that give Trace rigs heft. 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2020 at 23:58, Al Krow said:

The 1001M is back down to £185 on Amazon (no extra delivery for Prime members), if anyone is currently after one.

£189 now, this is an absolute bargain, a steal, and well worth the wait. 

The T (which I'd like to try) is £254!! 

• Like 1

So i've used my Bugera for the last three nights having done 7 on the bounce with my Trace - all other things being equal.

Last night can't count as we had a bit of a balls up. The engineer accidently knocked my DI switch from post to pre when we changed bands which resulted in massive bass going to front of house overwhelming the mix which we had to work through. 

However in Norwich, and tonight, at The Garage, I had a glorious sound, more than enough volume and a really nice focussed low mid. The EQ isn't as versatile as the Trace but the sound is nice and musical, and the convenience factor is great. So my Bugera is the way forward for the time being!

• Like 3

Glad it worked out for you @King Tut. I have no complaints about mine, just an observation that the sound is very clean, clinical almost. It's all down to personal taste of course but I like a little bit of roughness just around the edges. A low gain distortion pedal sorts this admirably.

I also like to use it as a simple power  amp. The Trace sim on the B1-Four through this is righteous! 

5 hours ago, stewblack said:

Glad it worked out for you @King Tut. I have no complaints about mine, just an observation that the sound is very clean, clinical almost. It's all down to personal taste of course but I like a little bit of roughness just around the edges. A low gain distortion pedal sorts this admirably.

I also like to use it as a simple power  amp. The Trace sim on the B1-Four through this is righteous! 

I've changed my board a bit and now using a Joyo Orange Juice for a mild overdrive. If you clip the pre on the Veyron it tends to rough it up a bit, particularly if you boost the mids on the middle of the three settings. Ironically I'm trying it with 2k boosted tonight for a bit more edge! EDIT - just realised you've got the MOSFET version.

Edited by King Tut

20 hours ago, stewblack said:

£189 now, this is an absolute bargain, a steal, and well worth the wait. 

The T (which I'd like to try) is £254!! 

Stewblac. Are you in Norton? If you ever get up to Bristol you are welcome to give my T a try. Equally if you fancy a night out in Weston SM I'll be using mine at the back bar tomorrow night! 

2 hours ago, sbrag said:

Stewblac. Are you in Norton? If you ever get up to Bristol you are welcome to give my T a try. Equally if you fancy a night out in Weston SM I'll be using mine at the back bar tomorrow night! 

That's very decent of you! I'm working in Scallys tomorrow evening! So we're both in WSM 

• 1 year later...

DV247 currently have the 1001M in stock for just under £200 (without the several month wait that Amazon seemed to be having when we were last posting on here), if anyone is on the look out for a well featured budget amp.

Bugera BV1001M Veyron Mosfet Head | DV247 | en-GB

Obviously folk won't have had much chance to use theirs in anger since the last posts on here which were immediately before lockdown kicked in, but be good to hear from those of you who pulled the trigger on one of these if you've all still held onto your Veyrons and are rating them?

Edited by Al Krow

6 hours ago, Al Krow said:

DV247 currently have the 1001M in stock for just under £200 (without the several month wait that Amazon seemed to be having when we were last posting on here), if anyone is on the look out for a well featured budget amp.

Bugera BV1001M Veyron Mosfet Head | DV247 | en-GB

Obviously folk won't have had much chance to use theirs in anger since the last posts on here which were immediately before lockdown kicked in, but be good to hear from those of you who pulled the trigger on one of these if you've all still held onto your Veyrons and are rating them?

Still use mine every week at gigging volume levels for band practice, and have done throughout lockdown. 

Still think it sounds amazing. Absolutely superb bit of kit at any price. At the price they sell it it's ridiculously good. 

Never had a single problem with it, and have no intentions of replacing or"upgrading" it. 

In fact, if and when I've got a bit of spare cash floating around I intend to also buy the valve version. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I’ve got the valve version. Gigged it extensively with Stray pre lockdown. Absolutely loved it. I managed to pick up a Peavey all valve head for a song during lockdown so planning on taking that out when we start gigging (Cleethorpes Rocks 4 July!!) but I’ll be taking the Bugera as back up. If it doesn’t work out with the valve head I’ll go back to the Bugera.

• Like 3

Well it's a toss up between this and the TC RH750 currently on sale for £349 at Andertons, for a spare / back-up amp for me with wedding gigs starting up again. Both look very good value. 

Besides, there always does seem to be a price for starting a BC thread... 😁

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

The best review I've found on YT of the 1001M. Nice warts and all "honest" review and very thorough. (With subtitles for the hard of foreign language speakers like me 😁)

Damn I wasn't expecting that juicy break up at 3.20! That's made my mind up!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Al Krow said:

The best review I've found on YT of the 1001M. Nice warts and all "honest" review and very thorough. (With subtitles for the hard of foreign language speakers like me 😁)

Damn I wasn't expecting that juicy break up at 3.20! That's made my mind up!

I got mine out the other day for the first time in a while and some how the gain switch had gone to 11. I thought something had broken. Strangely I had never had it passed halfway. It was a shock as I had only heard it clean. I have had mine for about 3 years too and no problems, Except then noisy fan.

• Like 1