Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron 1001 series "2000W" amps

Al Krow

24 minutes ago, King Tut said:

The one in the for sale section is the MOSFET version. Also I wanted a warranty. 

Ah yes, both fair points! Look forward to getting your feedback on it when you've had a chance to put it through its paces.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've just noticed that amazon are now doing these for under £180 which seems nuts. To those who have had one for a while:

Any issues and is worries about the bugera brand just snobbishness?

Does it come with a 3 year warranty? Amazon seems a bit vague and the link on this?

Cheers

Edited by sbrag

4 minutes ago, sbrag said:

I've just noticed that amazon are now doing these for under £180 which seems nuts. To those who have had one for a while:

Any issues and is worries about the bugera brand just snobbishness?

Does it come with a 3 year warranty? Amazon seems a bit vague and the link on this?

Cheers

I'd take their arm off at that price! I'd do it quickly too. Only 3 left according to Amazon. I've got the Mosfet version, and if i'd paid £500 it would still be the best money i'd ever spent. In fact I'm tempted to buy the valve version myself at that price, just to see how they compare. These things are unbelievable! Absolute tone monsters and the power that just keeps coming. I've had mine over a year now and it's all I ever use. The noises it makes are sublime. 

Not sure how the 3 year warranty would work buying from Amazon, but you definitely get it buying direct from Thomann. 

Oops on your recommendation I've just clicked buy! Should be here tomorrow. I've also got a peavey mini max coming in from thomann so will be good to compare. As I see it you can get 2 new class d heads with warranty for less than a lot of the competitors 2nd hand prices e.g. £350 2nd hand for an OBT Genz streamliner etc.

• Like 1

Just now, sbrag said:

Oops on your recommendation I've just clicked buy! Should be here tomorrow. I've also got a peavey mini max coming in from thomann so will be good to compare. As I see it you can get 2 new class d heads with warranty for less than a lot of the competitors 2nd hand prices e.g. £350 2nd hand for an OBT Genz streamliner etc.

I'd just seen the number on Amazon drop 2 two as my finger as hovering over the buy button. I was hoping you had taken the plunge. I'm so tempted to buy one myself, but I have to pay a extra £25 for delivery, and while it's still dirt cheap at that. I've got a heavy financial month and I'm trying to talk myself out of it. 

Well done for buying one. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I absolutely love mine. I'm sure @stewblack would also tell you the same. 

I will post once I've had a proper go with it. Stupidly sold my old OBT & BF compact rig a year ago as hadn't been gigging. Now I've joined a new band I want something similar again. I loved the OBT but the tone is a bit limited so was very tempted by the valvyness of these. Cheers for the recommendation but at that price and with 30 days to return it feels a fairly safe bet!

I've just got to replace the barefaced now!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sbrag said:

I will post once I've had a proper go with it. Stupidly sold my old OBT & BF compact rig a year ago as hadn't been gigging. Now I've joined a new band I want something similar again. I loved the OBT but the tone is a bit limited so was very tempted by the valvyness of these. Cheers for the recommendation but at that price and with 30 days to return it feels a fairly safe bet!

I've just got to replace the barefaced now!

New year, new band, new amp. Great result!

At that price and 30 day return it's looking like a no brainer! The Tube versions seem to have all now been snapped up at the reduced price, although there are few of the Mosfets still available.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'd just seen the number on Amazon drop 2 two as my finger as hovering over the buy button. I was hoping you had taken the plunge. I'm so tempted to buy one myself, but I have to pay a extra £25 for delivery, and while it's still dirt cheap at that. I've got a heavy financial month and I'm trying to talk myself out of it. 

Well done for buying one. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I absolutely love mine. I'm sure @stewblack would also tell you the same. 

Damn. If the stuff I have up for sale here and there had gone I'd have definitely bought the valve version at that price. Love the MOSFET version. 

Can't say for sure you'll like it, that's down to personal taste, but I can say I'll be surprised if you don't. 

• Like 1

On 22/10/2018 at 12:44, Al Krow said:

Is a valve pre worth having or is it just a sales gimmick? 

No Its not a gimmick, its sounds different (i wont say 'better') than a solid state front end. Not as clean sounding but warmer and has better overdrive characteristics.  

On 22/10/2018 at 12:44, Al Krow said:

Is a valve pre worth having or is it just a sales gimmick? 

No Its not a gimmick, its sounds different (i wont say 'better') than a solid state front end. Not as clean sounding but warmer and has better overdrive characteristics.  

36 minutes ago, Quilly said:

What do Bugera insist on quoting peak wattage specifications. The RMS values are still impressive.

Because there is no "standard" way of quoting power ratings, and while RMS is preferred by most, it is at best, inaccurate. Even then, wattage and volume aren't as closely correlated as people think. Anyone will tell you, Trace Elliot watts are far louder than their competitors. So, with the lack of an industry standard, why not quote peak ratings? They're probably the most accurate, and Bugera are far from the only ones doing it. Even high end manufacturers like Trickfish quote peak ratings. Plus it sounds far more impressive on marketing gumph, which doesn't hurt. 

There are standard ways of describing and measuring power. This is both in the legal sense of governments drawing up regulations to allow us to make sense of what is being advertised (CE regulations refer to RMS and the US FTC 1974 of continuous measurements using sine waves are still in place.) There are also engineering standards for making measurements. Peak measurements  should be measured with sine waves and simply double the continuous/rms power. Music power is meaningless. The only reason I keep posting on this is because essentially you are being cheated by false advertising claims and people who spread half understood information are effectively undermining the companies who are being honest with you.

If you want to check you could start here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_power

• Like 1

On 06/01/2020 at 19:20, King Tut said:

Tempted even though I've got a valve one!

I find the only issue with mine (Mosfet) is it needs roughing up a bit around the edges. The valve one (I suspect) won't suffer this problem. Not that it's an issue for me i just bung a low gain distortion in front and job's a goodun.

• Like 1