Why become a member? ×

Bugera Veyron 1001 series "2000W" amps

Al Krow

Well as we have managed, somehow, to get to the 300th post on this thread, I thought it would be good to see if we can keep things vaguely positive between us in goodly BC fashion.

So here's wishing you ALL an excellent rest of the weekend and particularly so for any of you taking your Bugera Veyrons out on the road.

...I'm off to watch Incredibles 2 on BluRay. :) 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Well as we have managed, somehow, to get to the 300th post on this thread, I thought it would be good to see if we can keep things vaguely positive between us in goodly BC fashion.

So here's wishing you ALL an excellent rest of the weekend and particularly so for any of you taking your Bugera Veyrons out on the road.

...I'm off to watch Incredibles 2 on BluRay. :) 

Well, in true BC fashion, this thread is making me want to try a Veyron. Do I need another amp? No, I am happy with the Mesa D800+ and I still have the MarkBass LMIII as home amp/back up... but the Veyron has a built-in handle, like the RH450 had. And pretty lights. And if it's inspired sonically in any way on the Streamliner 900 I would not mind a bit of that too...

Damn you BassChat!!!

:D

(half-kidding... only half kidding... I've got other things to spend money on that require more my attention, but I'm being honest about being intrigued by this amp and I'd love to try one)

1 hour ago, mcnach said:

Well, in true BC fashion, this thread is making me want to try a Veyron. Do I need another amp? No, I am happy with the Mesa D800+ and I still have the MarkBass LMIII as home amp/back up... but the Veyron has a built-in handle, like the RH450 had. And pretty lights. And if it's inspired sonically in any way on the Streamliner 900 I would not mind a bit of that too...

Damn you BassChat!!!

:D

(half-kidding... only half kidding... I've got other things to spend money on that require more my attention, but I'm being honest about being intrigued by this amp and I'd love to try one)

You should defo give it a spin at some point then. It's less than the cost of a Micro Mu-Tron III pedal and far more available. Besides you just might prefer it to your LM3 (and I think all the BC'ers who have got one have been pretty happy with theirs) but if you don't we could certainly do with someone giving the used Veyron market a kick start ☺️

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You should defo give it a spin at some point then. It's less than the cost of a Micro Mu-Tron III pedal and far more available. Besides you just might prefer it to your LM3 (and I think all the BC'ers who have got one have been pretty happy with theirs) but if you don't we could certainly do with someone giving the used Veyron market a kick start ☺️

I’m actually quite tempted as well. I reckon it would be a good backup paired with my barefaced Compact. 

Then again, you know I’m jonesing for a decent combo as well tho :)

12 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

I’m actually quite tempted as well. I reckon it would be a good backup paired with my barefaced Compact. 

Then again, you know I’m jonesing for a decent combo as well tho :)

Haha! Well if you do end up getting that top of the line combo you've had your eye on for a little while then it will likely be me getting the Veyron :) 

Edited by Al Krow

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Haha! Well if you do end up getting that top of the line combo you've had your eye on for a little while then it will likely be me getting the Veyron :) 

The only thing I keep thinking about is the weight... if I’m honest, I’m worried that anything over 20kg won’t get used as my back would just protest too much. And you know I’ve got half an eye on the Alain Caron Lite as well - quite a bit under 20kg... 

Plus, you know you don’t need a veyron.. you just need to use that head with your VK210.. I keep telling you, you’ll regret it :)

Mark - I don't disagree with any of the above!

Fyi my DG M900 + BF SC is really excellent. But (and I'm not entirely sure how it's possible) but the Mesa M6 + VK 210 LNT in then in another league.

Ok before we entirely sidetrack the thread... :) 

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Mark - I don't disagree with any of the above!

Fyi my DG M900 + BF SC is really excellent. But (and I'm not entirely sure how it's possible) but the Mesa M6 + VK 210 LNT in then in another league.

Ok before we entirely sidetrack the thread... :) 

M6 + VK210 doesn’t surprise me at all. 

For me, given I only use a full rig quite seldom (as I’m usually frfr or DI) I really do want a lightweight option. 

If only Mesa did a Subway combo...

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I doubt I'd prefer it to the LMIII... it's the 3rd or 4th I have owned. Whenever I sell one, I end up buying another a few months later, so I've decided I should always have one, even if I don't use it, as it gets boring "new amp? but, didn't you just sell one just like it?" (my girlfriend plays bass too so she notices...) :D But *in addition to* could work out well

10 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I doubt I'd prefer it to the LMIII... it's the 3rd or 4th I have owned. Whenever I sell one, I end up buying another a few months later, so I've decided I should always have one, even if I don't use it, as it gets boring "new amp? but, didn't you just sell one just like it?" (my girlfriend plays bass too so she notices...) :D But *in addition to* could work out well

Woah! You boys and your excellent other halves! (See earlier comment to Bridgehouse) :) 

So yup I've just recently sold the MB AC 121 Lite combo (the very model Mr B is after). To be fair it's probably the best gigging combo out there, so I can't fault the guy's taste. And the Alain Caron head is indeed pretty similar to the LMIII. 

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Woah! You boys and your excellent other halves! (See earlier comment to Bridgehouse) :) 

So yup I've just recently sold the MB AC 121 Lite combo (the very model Mr B is after). To be fair it's probably the best gigging combo out there, so I can't fault the guy's taste. And the Alain Caron head is indeed pretty similar to the LMIII. 

Mrs B plays drums... she has the monopoly on loudness in the house 😂

I’ve had an LMIII - liked it a lot - not even sure why I got rid of it tbh!

31 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Mrs B plays drums... she has the monopoly on loudness in the house 😂

I’ve had an LMIII - liked it a lot - not even sure why I got rid of it tbh!

Mrs Krow just plays the flute and is bloody annoyed with me for not including any Jethro Tull material in either of my covers' bands sets! 

Married to a drummer and g/f a bassist, eh! Twinge of envy, I'll have to admit gents! Best go read up that stuff about not coveting other halves...😂

Btw - if you had an LM3 and liked it a lot, that AC 121 Lite could be just the ticket for you Mr B

Edited by Al Krow

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Mrs Krow just plays the flute and is bloody annoyed with me for not including any Jethro Tull material in either of my covers' bands sets! 

Married to a drummer and g/f a bassist, eh! Twinge of envy, I'll have to admit gents! Best go read up that stuff about not coveting other halves...😂

Btw - if you had an LM3 and liked it a lot, that AC 121 Lite could be just the ticket for you Mr B

Well well - that’s interesting to know. I particularly liked the VLE control. Damnit I need to look out for a used one otherwise I’ll have the spill the full beans on a new one!

4 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Well well - that’s interesting to know. I particularly liked the VLE control. Damnit I need to look out for a used one otherwise I’ll have the spill the full beans on a new one!

Well that's typical isn't it. Mine was up for sale for weeks with no interest and then had two bites within 24 hours of each other, and now you're after one too. 

Ok we've completely gone off topic...but what the heck eh, it's Basschat :) 

Just now, Al Krow said:

Well that's typical isn't it. Mine was up for sale for weeks with no interest and then had two bites within 24 hours of each other, and now you're after one too. 

Ok we've completely gone off topic...but what the heck eh, it's Basschat :) 

Indeed! Still tempted by a veyron tho!!!

55 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I see your MB AC121 Lite combo and raise you one Mesa Walkabout Scout 12

(to be fair the AC combo is the only other combo I would be interested in)

6 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

I see your MB AC121 Lite combo and raise you one Mesa Walkabout Scout 12

(to be fair the AC combo is the only other combo I would be interested in)

Well that's kinda high praise for the AC 121 from you if it's your #2 choice. For me:

AC 121 wins on:
- power and headroom (500 RMS** watts vs 300 RMS watts);

- portability (37 lbs vs 51 lbs) - I think this is going to be a factor for Mr B from what he's said;

- price (£900 new including cover vs £1,300?) - although you can't get new WAs anymore and I suspect that s/h prices aren't going to be too far apart. 

Mesa WA wins on (I'm extrapolating from my own Mesa M6 combo):

- if it's anything like my Mesa M6, it's going to have a gorgeous tone;

- cab quality. I suspect the Mesa 112, if it's similar to my PH212, is going to be excellent. MB cabs have a tendency to roll off the high end, which some folk really like as it gives MB their "warm" sound but it's not for everyone.

**NB you have to specify what sort of watts on this thread - please see the previous 150 posts if in any doubt 🤣

Edited by Al Krow

Just now, Cuzzie said:

Is a combo of the size of the MB massively more convenient compared to a BF cab and lightweight head?

Granted a small combo like a PJB for rehearsals, etc. Of course, br at the other end?

To be honest it’s laziness. Well, laziness and ease of chucking in the car. Well, that and forgetting speaker leads. Of course, I’ve never done that *honest*

The Veyrons are the only bass amps that are still in Bugera's product line and in production. I'd like to think that it's because that the heads must have more positive attributes than not. Mine has been with me for over three years and it's still going strong.