Why become a member? ×

George Duke, Christian McBride Funk.

bubinga5

3 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

Awesome funk from George. And the upright great Christian McBride. His funky fretless playing is just superb especially the solo. No lines on that Atelier Z... 

The drummer knows his onions, too. Good Stuff, once again proving that there is (or can be ...) humour in jazz.

On 20/10/2018 at 20:55, visog said:

Saw Stanley and George Duke years ago in the 80s at the Manchester Apollo. Great show...

Phillip Bailey from EWF guested and sang 'Easy Lover'...

I think I was at that gig. Did Philip Bailey do his hit at the time “Walking on the Chinese Wall”? And was James Earl “playing bass” for Stanley Clarke?

Just beautiful..... George Duke always smiled when he played, he just emitted goodness. It must have been a total pleasure to do music with him. What an amazing human being. A complete master musician totally comfortable in his craft. Stunning !

On 20/10/2018 at 18:59, bubinga5 said:

Awesome funk from George. And the upright great Christian McBride. His funky fretless playing is just superb especially the solo. No lines on that Atelier Z... 

Ashamed to say never seen McBride on electric before, what a performance. Thanks for posting :) 

1 hour ago, bubinga5 said:

There is a vid on YT somewhere with him at a festival slapping on a 4 string Fender Jazz. Can I find it.😫

He tears through a couple of Weather Report Jaco numbers on electric here... great intonation...

• Like 1