Why become a member? ×

So close and yet so far!

Painy

This is so frustrating! 

My package from Thomann has made it all the way from Germany to Norwich which is less than 30 miles from my home but because UPS don't deliver on a Saturday it's been sat there since 5:48 this morning and won't be with me until Monday. 

It's torture I tells ya, torture! 

IMG_20181020_163047.jpg

IMG_20181020_143254.jpg

• Sad 1

Could be worse. A couple of years ago my GMR single-cut 5 was delivered the day after I had fallen downstairs and completely mashed up my left side (3 broken ribs). I somehow got it out of the box and then stared at it for several days before I had enough use of my left arm to even pick it up, and several more days before I could reach the headstock to tune it. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, ped said:

Don’t bother with the ‘leave in a safe place’ option either (which you have to register to be able to use) because they ignore it. 

Fortunately I'm on holiday this week and will be at home anyway. My wife would have signed for it anyway if I wasn't home but that would have run the risk of her seeing the total value on the invoice before I got a chance to make it vanish. 🤪

😄😄😄

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, josie said:

Could be worse. A couple of years ago my GMR single-cut 5 was delivered the day after I had fallen downstairs and completely mashed up my left side (3 broken ribs). I somehow got it out of the box and then stared at it for several days before I had enough use of my left arm to even pick it up, and several more days before I could reach the headstock to tune it. 

That's it then. I'm going to spend my whole day tomorrow avoiding anything remotely likely to cause any kind of physical injury! 

I think I'd have been an absolute mental and emotional wreck by the second day if I'd been in that situation. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Painy said:

I think I'd have been an absolute mental and emotional wreck by the second day if I'd been in that situation. 

I was already anyway 😞 It gave me something to look forward to when I got (physically) better 🙂 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Painy said:

That's it then. I'm going to spend my whole day tomorrow avoiding anything remotely likely to cause any kind of physical injury! 

Make up a thermos, get the deckchair out and spend the day sitting on your doorstep to make sure you catch them before they shove the "you weren't in" card through your letterbox :)

• Haha 2