Why become a member? ×

An FRFR question

ianrendall

My current rig, a GK MB200 and a BF Midget, is the giving me the best sound I’ve ever had so far. But I am more than intrigued by this FRFR stuff. 

I already have pretty slick portability, light weight and a sound I’m very happy with, I rarely if ever go through FOH and the MB200 does, surprisingly, give me enough volume for my needs. So what benefits would an FRFR rig give me?

Does FRFR give a ‘truer’ sound? Can I just plug the bass straight into the speaker or does it need a preamp of some kind, say a Sansamp or equivalent pedal to give some control over EQ? I’m not really that interested in effects or modelling. 

9 hours ago, fleabag said:

It must be real trial typing the letters FRFR into the search box, but as if by magic ... only 35 pages long, too.

Soz. I hate making a Basschat faux pas. I shall enter into a read only mode for a while. 

Edited by ianrendall
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ianrendall said:

@ped please can you lock this topic. I’m going to try and glean some answers from the big FRFR thread, although it’s a shame it seems to descend into petty arguments about dinosaurs and willy waving rather quickly. 

When I started that topic it was meant to be a fairly innocuous observation tbh. There’s some brilliant stuff in there though. 

However, this is the internet so inane comment and argument is pretty inevitable.