Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£730

udo

If this sounds familiar - yes, it's the bass Dosi Y'Anarchy had on here two weeks ago. I traded it against a Jazz but have since got my hands on a nice Yamaha - so this one has to go again.

The original listing of his is this one https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/331130-traded-fender-50s-precision-honeyblonde/

Everything as mentioned there, the only difference is the neckplate - it has a Fender Squire one as he couldn't find the original one. But the plastic is still on the tuners :)

The pic is from google, I'll upload some of the actual bass tonight when I am back home from work (my one has no cover on the bridge). 

It sounds, well, like a precision does. What I found is that it goes easily into semi distortion mode if you dig hard with a pick. I lowered the PUs as much as possible and now it has a pretty sweet slight extra edge to its sound. But I guess it depends a lot on how you play it.

I can post or also meet within 50 miles of SE London.

Here is the official spec description:
Fender 50s Precision The 50s Precision Bass guitar delivers the look, sound and vibe of Fenders first basses without breaking the bank. Features include an alder body, maple neck, split single-coil Precision Bass pickup, volume and tone controls, gold anodized pickguard and vintage hardware. 

Body 

Body Shape: Precision Bass 

Neck 

Neck Shape: "C" Shape 

Number of Frets: 20 

Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets 

Position Inlays: Black Dot 

Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm) 

Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm) 

Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm) 

Neck Plate: Vintage Style 4 Bolt 

Truss Rod Nut: Original Vintage Style 

Electronics 

Pickup Configuration: Single Split-Coil Pickup 

Middle Pickup: Vintage Precision Bass Split Single-Coil Pickup 

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone 

Hardware 

Hardware: Nickel/Chrome 

String Nut: Synthetic Bone 

Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Reverse Tuning Machines 

Miscellaneous 

Unique Features: Vintage Styling, Anodized Aluminum Pickguard, Synthetic Bone Nut

3-fender-50s-precision-87879-front_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by udo
Bass sold
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...