Why become a member? ×

BOTH SOLD
£1275

ead

Hi folks

I'm having a little clear out of a few basses.  I've donated one to a local school and plan to sell these two at very attractive prices and well below where I perceive the market is, mostly in the hope of a quick sale thus preventing me changing my mind.

I am happy to deliver within a couple of hours drive from home (PR6) and you are of course welcome to view, try out and collect.  Beyond that let's discuss meeting up somewhere as I'd rather not post.

There is nothing wrong with any of these instruments and people that know will attest to the fact that I look after my gear.  If you have any questions please just ask.

So here we go:

Fender American Standard Precision Bass 2011 NOW SOLD

Comes with Fender hard case and candy.  A couple of very minor blemishes, but then it has been a working bass.  I actually sold this a few months ago and then managed to buy it back.  It's one of the good ones.  Black finish with BWB pickguard and Rosewood board.  3.9kgs by my scales.  More pics to follow, but here's the general idea:

Limelight replica of Geddy Lee's '72 Jazz Bass (2017) £650 NOW SOLD PENDING

This was made for me and to my knowledge is the only one made (so far at any rate).  It was made using pics of Geddy's actual '72 J bass as well as the Fender CS version and I think it looks very close indeed.  The neck is not oiled but has been finished beautifully to play really smoothly.  The bass has the Bad A** bridge that has not been aged in unlike the other hardware (per Geddy's bass).  Comes with a tatty non-Fender hard case.  Weight approx 4.5kgs by my scales.

The bass has two pickguards.  A nicely aged parchment example and a pearloid white item with the Amalgamation symbol that GL used during the Clockwork Angels tour.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommygingell said:

What pups are in the geddy lee?

They are whatever Limelight use, I'm not sure tbh, I believe they are custom wound for Limelight.  They sound great and have that J bass sound nailed.