Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - 2018 EBMM Stingray Special 4H - Charcoal Sparkle
£2000

Deedee

20 minutes ago, Machines said:

Wouldn't it cost less than you'll lose on depreciation to add a pickup ?

Possibly but I like things to be original, or at least any changes to be reversible.

Edited by Deedee
Edit

A bit too soon for me mate - need to get the cash in from the festive season gigs before I have that kind of GAS fund.....and as you know my Starry Night is but a single H.  Good luck with the sale Dan. 

Edited by martthebass
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Machines said:

Wouldn't it cost less than you'll lose on depreciation to add a pickup ?

The bridge pick up is in a different position on a single H compared to the HH so it’s a complete different sound (you can’t get the single H growl out of a HH basically) 

still beautiful looking bass 

good luck with sale. I’m gassing for a SR4HH myself. Just missed two by not having cash ready. Always the way. Got cash no bass. Bass for sale. No cash 

2 hours ago, danny-79 said:

The bridge pick up is in a different position on a single H compared to the HH so it’s a complete different sound (you can’t get the single H growl out of a HH basically) 

You're confusing that with the Bongo, they are in the same place on a StingRay :)

Lovely bass btw!

Edited by Chiliwailer

14 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

You're confusing that with the Bongo, they are in the same place on a StingRay :)

Lovely bass btw!

Fair enough I stand corrected. I know the Bongo single H is in a different position, a lot further towards the neck but always thought the double HH was closer to the bridge

Edited by danny-79
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kevsy71 said:

It's a beauty deedee! What's the weight?

Alas, I’ve no means of getting an accurate weight unfortunately. Suffice to say that these Specials are significantly lighter than the previous models.

It’s by far the lightest of these four (cue gratuitous ‘wall of basses’ shot):

525758CF-3C24-48B7-A2F0-0C1FE1CA5962.jpeg

• Like 3

On 27/10/2018 at 09:45, Kevsy71 said:

That's a great pic, because (1) it's gorgeous and (2) it shows well the sleeker contours and depth for the special. Cheers!

Thanks.  I've taken a couple of other pics to try to show the difference in the 'roundness' of the contouring between the two.

Edited by Deedee
now withdrawn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Really surprised this one hasn't gone yet Dan.  Trade you for a Curly Wurly and a 'near mint' Lion Bar? 

You sure on the Wal......all those knobs and weird electrickery?  What about a nice P bass or a Mustang lol 

:D  I used to be quite partial to Lion bars........ Does this constitute a breach of BC's 'No Trade Offers' law???