Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman 2005 [WITHDRAWN]
£1400

Guest Marcoelwray

Guest Marcoelwray

Hi folks,

Here's a fine specimen of Warwick ! 

I have to precise that this bass is quite rare; you can find a lot of Corvette Jazzman, even Streamers LX but this very model is equipped with black hardware and the body is half flamed maple and half ash. There's one on reverb.com, but you can't really see those everyday. Just saying. Was bought new in 2005 at musik-schmidt

For those who do not really know about the sound of a Jazzman configuration, you have a switchable parallel/series/single coil humbucker, really punchy and growly, very articulated though (at least in parallel or sc), and a really , really, smooth jazz pickup. It's quite opposite pickups and the contrast is fabulous. So IMHO, yes, you can make this bass sound like a Jazz Bass with the neck one.

Sorry for the pictures, some white balance issues, because I take some outside and some inside @ ~ 3000 ° K ... doesn't help with a phone. I WILL DO A FULL CHECK UP BEFORE ANY TRANSACTION WHICH MEANS: refinishing of the surface, re-oiling, re-waxing, pot replacement (because some are a little noisy), new nut (that was the horrible JustANut 2), fret polishing, and, new strings of course. If needed, I well replace the saddles (usual problem of some black WW hardware).

Some specs:

- Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman
- Year : 2004
- Body: Half swamp ash, half flamed maple (really figured in some lights), wenge veneer, arched body of course
- Bolt-on construction
- 26 frets Ovangkol 3-pieces neck with Wengé fingerboard
- MEC MM-style switchable pickup, MEC Jazz
- Warwick preamp (Vol (push/pull passive/active, Blend, Highs, Mids, Lows, 3-way selector
- Supplied with Gigbag and Warwick tools
- Warwick/Simtoms "bronze" frets, jumbo, 85% remaining at least.

Cheers !

Marco

IMG_20181122_170723.jpg

IMG_20181122_184955.jpg

IMG_20181122_185156.jpg

Edited by Marcoelwray
withdrawn

• MB1 locked this topic
  • MB1 unlocked this topic
Guest Marcoelwray

Change of direction : it's now a sale only. You can still make me a nice offer as I don't really know the average used price of this bass, the 1400£ was the new price as an indicative amount for a trade.

Now I think 800£ ain't stealing, but I'm no fool, so I am open to offers.

Cheers

Guest Marcoelwray
On 06/11/2018 at 18:32, dyerseve said:

These are cracking basses! Great range of tones from this pickup combo.

GLWTS

Thanks! A bump for this little one, the new, nut is here (not yet installed), strings, I'm going to start the refin and it's gonna be LIKE NEW.

Last price drop @ 700£ for this baby!

Guest Marcoelwray

I finished the refin. It's now like new, except for the saddles of the bridge.

New nut. New pickups screws. Frets corrected and polished. Body & neck sanded, oiled, waxed. Electronic full check-up.

8 hours ago, Marcoelwray said:

I finished the refin. It's now like new, except for the saddles of the bridge.

New nut. New pickups screws. Frets corrected and polished. Body & neck sanded, oiled, waxed. Electronic full check-up.

You've done a great job on the refin! 

Really not sure why this is still for sale at this price!!!

Guest Marcoelwray
4 hours ago, dyerseve said:

You've done a great job on the refin! 

Really not sure why this is still for sale at this price!!!

Thank you very much! For one time in ly life I'm quite satisfied with a job I've did on a bass. Ok, that was just a refin but I put a lot of effort to work on details.

Warwick is just not fashion these times I guess.... 

And there is the video.... I posted it in my "professional" thread but it's appropriate here too

Edited by Marcoelwray

Guest Marcoelwray
3 minutes ago, peteandsoo said:

hi I am interested, just need to know the shipping costs

About 20£, not sure. But no more than 50. I do not remember when I sent the Infinga how much I paid....