Why become a member? ×

String Length?

Jimbobble

Hello,

I acquired a Bespoke Upright Electric Bass made by Jerry Rulf many years ago. I've recently fixed it up & am having some confusion over the vibrating string length on these pre superlight models.

Does anybody have one & could tell me the measurements of how they've set it up please?

I've dressed it as a 3/4 string length which works great & am wondering if the action can be lowered a little? I set it to 1/2 scale & the strings weren't clearing the fretboard. Just interested in seeing what others have as Jerry is unavailable to discuss this with. It's a possibility that it has a custom scale but that seems very unlikely.

If anybody has one on here please let me know what your setup is. I've also modified a keyboard stand to hold the bass which I've found is much more comfortable than using the metal rest to stand up with it. If you're interested in this idea I'm happy to show you what I've done.

Thanks,

Jim.