Why become a member? ×

Alembic Epic *Sold*
£1500

FinnDave

SOLD

Oh, sweet irony! I finally achieved my dream of owning an Alembic a few months ago, played 4 or 5 gigs with it, and suddenly discovered that I really need was a six string bass. Now I have two of them, and bills to pay, so the lovely Alembic has to go.

It's a 1998 Epic four string, and the Alembic build sheet for it says:

top: California Walnut 
accent: Maple 
body: Mahogany 
neck: 3-piece Maple with 2 Walnut pinstripes 
fingerboard: Ebony 
pickups: MXY 
controls: Epic volume, pan, bass, treble, mono output 
originally made for: Guitar Center, Santa Ana, CA 
birthday: June 26, 1998 

The bass is well set up and plays as you'd expect an instrument of this class to play - if I ever switch back to 4 string, I'm going to hate myself for letting this go, but needs must.

No case included. so it will need collecting (West Oxfordshire) or a meet up. I will be in South Devon the weekend of the 8th/9th December and in the Wirral 15th/16th December and can bring the bass with me if there is a buyer there.

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Conan said:

I never understood why Alembic only use two screws per pickup. The first time I played one I thought I had lost the other two! 

These play and sound great. GLWTS! :heart:

I thought it odd at first, but it is a very stable and secure system, one screw adjusts the height and the other locks it in place.

54 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Gawd, if the 74P had gone by now I'd possibly be tapping you up for this - I'm after fretless, but this would be a fretted that I would consider!!! Lovely. 

I don't expect it to go too quickly, so you might be in luck.

• Like 1