Why become a member? ×

Hubba Hubba!

Cicero

18 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Didn't we have this discussion with a video that Bubinga5 posted a while back? Assumption that "pretty girls" can't play...

Got pretty heated IIRC

I've not read that thread but I do think it's another example of content posted on BC that may turn some away from this community.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

However, the mistake you made was to use 'Hubba, hubba' as the title for the thread as it is generally used with regard to a person's appearance. I know you have attempted to qualify it by stating 'that's a nice looking Yamaha', but to see 'Hubba, hubba' in the list of threads tends to suggest it is in reference to a person's appearance and on clicking it, the first thing you see is a young lady in a short skirt. Just an honest opinion of how I and I think a couple of others perceived it.

Nail on head. Hubba hubba indeed. FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JellyKnees said:

Nail on head. Hubba hubba indeed. FFS.

Well quite, but I do feel calling someone out because they like the look of someone of the opposite or even the same sex is a little over the top. No lewd or defamatory words or phrases were used. If people did not find the opposite sex attractive the human race would have died out long ago. A bit of common sense perhaps. I remember my wife drooling over Sting for years and it had little to do with his bass playing.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikel said:

Well quite, but I do feel calling someone out because they like the look of someone of the opposite or even the same sex is a little over the top. No lewd or defamatory words or phrases were used. If people did not find the opposite sex attractive the human race would have died out long ago. A bit of common sense perhaps. I remember my wife drooling over Sting for years and it had little to do with his bass playing.

The thing is though, the OP is claiming that's not what he meant, which I find disingenuous at best. If you want to make a leery, boorish nudge- nudge type comment about a girl on a publicly visible forum (which I think is the real point here), at least have the balls to admit it. Or possibly just keep it in your head where it belongs.

• Like 4

This is all getting quite boring.

People taking offence for no reason and on behalf of others. 

I actually think the bickering here is far more off-putting to all forum users than any offence that might have been taken. 

I'll invite the mods to decide the nature of what has been posted and take action as needed, and let that be the end of it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JellyKnees said:

The thing is though, the OP is claiming that's not what he meant, which I find disingenuous at best. If you want to make a leery, boorish nudge- nudge type comment about a girl on a publicly visible forum (which I think is the real point here), at least have the balls to admit it. Or possibly just keep it in your head where it belongs.

I don't have to admit anything to you, nor do I care if you find my comments disengenous. That comes merely from your own ego and judgemental nature.

Everyone else here, and I mean everyone, has at least been able to convey their point without being adverserial or opinionated about it, unlike you.

You assume to know better, when you really don't.

• ped locked this topic

Well, there are a number of us female bass players on here - one of them is even a mod, and she can reply to locked threads! ;)

While we are all very, very pretty indeed, most of us are not exactly 'young', so our reaction tends to be a weary shrug of our shoulders, before moving on to another thread or back to practising on our basses.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1