Why become a member? ×

Power amp' help(for Tech21 GED 2112)

artisan

9 hours ago, Skybone said:

What you could do, is buy a relatively cheap, Class D amp head with an effects loop, and plug the Ged2112 into the return, bypassing the map's pre-amp.

Or sell your rig & buy something like a Fender Rumble 500 combo (17kg total weight), and plug the SansAmp into the effects loop return on that.

I have considered exactly this 👍

But I decided that if I'm going to do it I may as well get a killer rig that is suitable for any venue.

Eventually I will probably run this through 2 Big Baby 2 cabs,which I'm sure will sound absolutely epic.

Thank you for the suggestion though,it is still a possibility.

I'll definitely be buying a crown XLS amplifier then,

Do I really need the power of the XLS1502 ?

Or will an XLS1002 suffice?

It will always be in bridge mode

Initially I'll be running through my Fender 4x10 cab but will soon switch to a BB2 or similar,eventually I aim to have 2 BB2's.

Cheers

Edited by artisan

Do I really need the power of the XLS1502 ?

Or will an XLS1002 suffice?

It will always be in bridge mode

In one of my rigs I run a Crown XLS1502 bridged through a Vanderkley 212. There is plenty of power available for most small/mid-sized venues. I use an Avalon U5 as pre or EBS Microbass II to drive if I need more eq control. For the price difference I would always going for more power since the difference is not massive between the XLS1002 and 1502. Great amps for what they are....and super light weight.

• Thanks 1