Why become a member? ×

*NOW SOLD* German made Warwick bass cabs 2x8 speaker and 1x15 speaker, 300 watts each, both 8 ohms very good condition
£295

Woody1957

These are my Trusty pair of Warwick cabs I purchased brand new in 1998 from Electromusic in Doncaster. I have gigged with them ever since and have never missed a beat and have been absolutely reliable. Both cabs together sound amazing with sizzling highs due to the excellent tweeter, mids that cut through and are extremely defined and well controlled lows. These cabs are both 300 watts and are both 8 ohms each. I have used them with a variety of amps over the years, Ampeg/Orange/Mesa/Trace Elliot and currently a Gallien Kruger MB 800 fusion (which is in the picture and is not for sale) and the cabs have handled them brilliantly. I have had many compliments regarding my bass sound over the years with these great little cabs. You will not be disappointed. Both cabs are completely original and are in very good condition for their age. Both cabs had covers up to last Christmas where they were left at a pub in Sheffield and I never got them back which is a shame. I still have the yellow Warwick logos for both cabs but never stuck them on the front of the grills as I liked the look of them without. The dimensions of these bad boys are - Top Cab 2x8" speaker is 21" wide, 13.5" deep, 14" High. Bottom Cab 1x15" speaker is 21" wide, 13.5" deep and 21" high. They are both very portable and easy to handle.
Pick up only and cash or Paypal with you paying the charges please. I'm based in Retford DN22 0AW
Both cabs £295 and worth every penny. Sorry no offers. Thank you for looking.

Rig 1.jpg

Rig 2.jpg

Rig 3.jpg

Rig 4.jpg

Rig 5.jpg

bass rig.jpg

keeprs gig.jpg

Edited by Woody1957
Update
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Woody1957 said:

Sadly Mr Freedom, Electromusic is no longer........went into receivership this year....

Oh no!!! 

A sad day for music retail. 

Although thinking about it, I've traded several items there over the years and received more in trade than I paid for them in the first place. Can't be a good business model 😂

I used to spend hours in there as a kid thinking "one day" I'll have this..... that.

I actually bought one of my "one day" purchases there, probably the last thing I had from them, a Warwick Thumb that I'd been coveting since my late teens. 

End of another era. 

Thank you Mr Bassman, the Ray plays like a dream. BTW, the one I'm playing in the pic is a 1994 Status Eclipse....so underrated and so easy to play...ideal for Funk and slapping.

And thanks too ped....you know your onions.....these cabs together are ace!

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:03, Newfoundfreedom said:

Oh no!!! 

A sad day for music retail. 

Although thinking about it, I've traded several items there over the years and received more in trade than I paid for them in the first place. Can't be a good business model 😂

I used to spend hours in there as a kid thinking "one day" I'll have this..... that.

I actually bought one of my "one day" purchases there, probably the last thing I had from them, a Warwick Thumb that I'd been coveting since my late teens. 

End of another era. 

Just out of interest, what year did you buy the thumb Mr Freedom? I remember being in the shop one day talking to the bass assistant and good friend Dave Ryan when in walked a guy who'd been on tour with Simply Red, carrying 4 Warwick Thumb basses. Dave offered him a price for all the lot and the deal was done. Wonder if one of the basses that day was one you bought......did you buy it second hand? Just jogging my memory for the year/decade.....must have been late 80's early 90's.

On 06/11/2018 at 00:29, Woody1957 said:

Just out of interest, what year did you buy the thumb Mr Freedom? I remember being in the shop one day talking to the bass assistant and good friend Dave Ryan when in walked a guy who'd been on tour with Simply Red, carrying 4 Warwick Thumb basses. Dave offered him a price for all the lot and the deal was done. Wonder if one of the basses that day was one you bought......did you buy it second hand? Just jogging my memory for the year/decade.....must have been late 80's early 90's.

No it definitely wasn't one of those. I bought a brand new one, and it would have been much later than that. Probably around '05. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...