Why become a member? ×

Bax Shop - B Stock

spongebob

No risk to you, really. You can always return at their expense. You'll need to print the UPS shipping label they send you for a return and drop-off at a UPS collection point, but that aside, it's risk free. I've bought a few B-stock items. Kept two. Returned one, a bass that had a chip out of the fretboard. (The "defect" wasn't described in the web site description.) That bass was returned to them the following day after I received it. Refund was back in my PayPal account the day after that. YMMV.

6 hours ago, spongebob said:

Some of the basses are discounted more than others with the same 'packaging' defect....that was my worry! 

Yes, that's why you need to see it for yourself. People (customers) don't return basses for them to be sold as B-stock due to "damaged packaging". ;) They (Bax-shop) don't ever seem to list defects for B-stock, only damaged packaging. But it's risk free to see what you get. Get a good 'un, keep it. Junk, return it for full refund.

Edited by clivem
  • Like 1

There's a BAX outlet in the UK.

I bought a new amp from them  ( not B stock ) and it arrived with a faulty EQ, and so was sent back. After printing the return label they sent, i noticed it was going back to the Netherlands, so i guess repairs are done there.

Trouble was, it came back with a note saying " amp tested fine, no fault found " but it had  the exact same fault.  I did the return, again, and  got my CC company to do a charge back, just in case

5 hours ago, fleabag said:

There's a BAX outlet in the UK.

Hmmm. There is actually an outlet/shop at the Folkestone address? I always figured that was just a "trading address" in the UK to put on the invoices for UK customers. Everything I've had from them or sent back to them has always been to the Netherlands. I had no idea the Folkestone address actually was a shop or warehouse with stock.

My dealings with Bax have always been fine. Even when they sent me the B-stock bass with the chipped fretboard, they straight away offered a free-of-charge return or an additional discount (partial refund of the discounted B stock price I had already paid) if I wanted to keep it. It's another well known large Euro outlet I have had issues with. Bax have always been good to deal with!

It does all sound promising.....just their vague description that worries me a little! 

As Clivem said, people don't return products for damaged packaging! Pictures look fine, but it's hard to tell if there's anything more. 

Tempting is the £100+ saving....I'd happily take the odd mark if there was one for that! Just wondering why a buyer would reject it in the first place. 

Must admit, the b stock section on Bax is huge! 

You can ring or email asking them to do a visual inspection or send some detail pics of the item you are interested in. 

I have bought Bax b-stock without issue, I have also returned a pristine beyerdynamic dt700 pro headphone to them because I didn't like it's sound (chose a Sennheiser HD 25 over it).

They are actually shop based, with stores at several locations, and a huge warehouse for the internet stock.

4 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Ooh I got all excited then. I've never heard of Bax. Another shop chock full of goodies. Looks like reasonable prices too. Sadly it looks like they only deliver within the UK.

Back to Thomann it is then. 

Did you try bax-shop.nl ? It's a Dutch company.

10 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Do you not know anyone in a relevant country that could take delivery, then send it on (or that you could pick up from...)..? B|

Yeah. I could get stuff delivered to the UK and forward shipped at an extra cost, but it kind of negates any saving I might make. I can order from Thomann and get direct delivery. Although it might come in handy in future for anything that Thomann don't stock. 👍