Why become a member? ×

Wrong uns!

graham1945

I've had a scout around the forums, but I can't find a list of folks we SHOULDN'T deal with. Where Basschatters have reported a bad or scam deal for example. Is there a list anywhere on here? I know this might be contentious, but reference to a list of people not to deal with would have probably helped me avoid a recent scam I've experienced - not on here, by the way.

44 minutes ago, graham1945 said:

I've had a scout around the forums, but I can't find a list of folks we SHOULDN'T deal with. Where Basschatters have reported a bad or scam deal for example. Is there a list anywhere on here? I know this might be contentious, but reference to a list of people not to deal with would have probably helped me avoid a recent scam I've experienced - not on here, by the way.

Nice idea Graham, I've met some great people on Basschat........but......

The trouble is who do you believe? Sometimes the victim is questioned, until the wrong un becomes a serial offender of course.

Didn't there used to be a Beware of Scammers Thread somewhere and people used to list the email addresses of miscreants?

There seem to be a few people who watch the 'Wanted Threads' and then say they have the item the poster is after, but it usually obvious by the style of reply that they are chancers. 

52 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Didn't there used to be a Beware of Scammers Thread somewhere and people used to list the email addresses of miscreants?

There seem to be a few people who watch the 'Wanted Threads' and then say they have the item the poster is after, but it usually obvious by the style of reply that they are chancers. 

We solved that particular pattern with some clever behind the scenes gubbins. 

Any time there’s a problem with a seller we step in and either resolve it or end up removing the dodgy user. However I can honestly say that since opening the marketplace (paid) we’ve had very few problems. In fact I can’t recall one off the top of my head. 

As always my advice is to speak to the seller on the phone if in any doubt whatsoever and feel free to send the team a message if you’d like us to check them out (we can see if they’ve send an unusual amount of PMs or have used different IPs or have more than one account etc. 

Cheers

ped

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ped said:

We solved that particular pattern with some clever behind the scenes gubbins. 

Any time there’s a problem with a seller we step in and either resolve it or end up removing the dodgy user. However I can honestly say that since opening the marketplace (paid) we’ve had very few problems. In fact I can’t recall one off the top of my head. 

As always my advice is to speak to the seller on the phone if in any doubt whatsoever and feel free to send the team a message if you’d like us to check them out (we can see if they’ve send an unusual amount of PMs or have used different IPs or have more than one account etc. 

Cheers

ped

Well that sounds good enough to me. Thanks.

Graham