Why become a member? ×

Wiring help please.

The Shrek

Hey guys, fitting a Delano Pbass pickup at the neck and a Delano MM pickup at the bridge. I want to wire up the same 4 knob passive system as the Seymour Duncan wiring diagram.  My first problem is being colour blind 😁 but I get my good lady to tag colours for me. Now the MM wires in the diagram are different to those on the Delano MC 5AL.

The Delano has white, green, brown, yellow and a bare wire. I am afraid I don't understand wiring but I can solder and follow "very simple" instructions. Can anyone please tell me what the equivalent Delano colours would go to which terminal or pot etc and give me the 4 knob wiring in the diagram. 

Thanks Michael. 

20181013_200257.jpg

20181013_200441.jpg

Looking at this wiring guide, which is possibly the one John is referring to: http://www.delano.de/downloads/installation guide_2018_1.pdf

Front coil is White (Hot), Brown (Ground)

Rear Coil is Green (Hot), Yellow (Ground).

So Brown, Yellow and Bare wire replace Green White and Bare on the SD diagram.

White replaces Black on the SD diagram

Green replaces Red on the SD diagram.

If you have a multimeter, it might be worth checking that White/Brown is 1 coil and Green/Yellow the other in case I've got it wrong.

22 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

Looking at this wiring guide, which is possibly the one John is referring to: http://www.delano.de/downloads/installation guide_2018_1.pdf

Front coil is White (Hot), Brown (Ground)

Rear Coil is Green (Hot), Yellow (Ground).

So Brown, Yellow and Bare wire replace Green White and Bare on the SD diagram.

White replaces Black on the SD diagram

Green replaces Red on the SD diagram.

If you have a multimeter, it might be worth checking that White/Brown is 1 coil and Green/Yellow the other in case I've got it wrong.

99% sure this is right, been a few years since installing but if memory serves me correct this is it. White is front hot for sure.