Why become a member? ×

Cheap amp cover, got it covered now, no pun intended

kevvo66

Hiya every one, after a cheap amp cover for my recently equired markbass RJ amp, I don't fancy paying £80 note for a mb one spiffing though they are ive spent enough money this month love the amp and it big 112,cab bass cab  bliss, thanks in advance people as always

Edited by kevvo66

Depending on the size of the amp, and how cheap you want to be, you could try this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-1-Tonne-Skip-Bulk-Bags-Builders-Heavy-Duty-Sack-Kerbside-Collection-Paper/132308168548?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151005190540%26meid%3D1aca9fb70e4943c5902b965072ef5745%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D132308168548&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226

These happen to be a pretty good fit for my home built 1x12’s.  They’re not going to give much protection from knocks but they’ll keep the rain off when it’s wet.  Cut a slit for the handle, and maybe some gaffer tape to stop it fraying.  Not very pretty though!

At risk of raising the Roq Solid vs. Hotcovers debate again, I have both but the hotcovers one I have for my Ampeg 1x15 is well padded and looks good, and I’m pretty sure was only about £45 or so.  We bought hotcovers for our PA speakers as well, based on the band liking the cover for my Ampeg.

1 hour ago, kevvo66 said:

FANTASTIC, that's just what I'm looking for! have you thought of marketing them? You're well onto your first million fella with that beauty mark 😁 lol

Sorry to say that I can't take credit for this beauty; it was created by NoirBass for his (mine now) Line 6 Studio 110 combo and is still going strong.

Those cardboard covers are ace. I saw some on T*lkb*ss a year or two and they looked like they do the job. The only drawback is that you cant fold them down and at a pub gig with limited space, it could be a bit of an issue. 

21 hours ago, ezbass said:

I once used a rubble waste sack covered in Gaffa tape as a head cover. It was perfect and super hard wearing.

This!  Works for me. 

21 hours ago, rushbo said:

Those cardboard covers are ace. I saw some on T*lkb*ss a year or two and they looked like they do the job. The only drawback is that you cant fold them down and at a pub gig with limited space, it could be a bit of an issue. 

Yep. Definitely a carry back to the car job. 

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

It may be worth noting that cardboard boxes are at their best if kept dry. A couple of spots of rain would pass, but not much more, at the risk of turning back to the 'porridge' that they were originally made from. Not a pretty sight. 9_9

Cover with parcel and gaffa tape and it'll hold together just fine.