Why become a member? ×

You Can Go your Own Way

Hobbayne

"Nicks was angry that Buckingham smirked while she delivered a speech...".  Children. They are like bloody children. 

Although TBH I wouldn't mind if they never played another smegging note. I've always detested their music. My idea of hell is being stuck on a desert island where the only available music is Fleetwood Mac and the Stones.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

First off, I'll put on record that I adore their output from Rumours through to Tango In The Night.  Yes, I know as as old punkster they should be abhorrent to me, but they're not.  Guilty pleasures.

That said, this is just another chapter in this bands backstory.  They just just seem to be the acceptable face of sex, drugs, lawsuits in a band context.  They all seem act like little kids and if the claims are true, I do have some sympathy for Buckingham.  I feel that Mick and John lost their band decades ago, they're just pawns, and the comment from the latter saying he couldn't speak to Buckingham actually made me laugh out loud.

It'll be interesting how this all pans out.  Ultimately it's got nothing to do with music.  It's all about $$$.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

First off, I'll put on record that I adore their output from Rumours through to Tango In The Night.  Yes, I know as as old punkster they should be abhorrent to me, but they're not.  Guilty pleasures.

That said, this is just another chapter in this bands backstory.  They just just seem to be the acceptable face of sex, drugs, lawsuits in a band context.  They all seem act like little kids and if the claims are true, I do have some sympathy for Buckingham.  I feel that Mick and John lost their band decades ago, they're just pawns, and the comment from the latter saying he couldn't speak to Buckingham actually made me laugh out loud.

It'll be interesting how this all pans out.  Ultimately it's got nothing to do with music.  It's all about $$$.

I get the impression ( and Im seriously no expert here) that Buckingham still wants the band to be creative, record new albums and tour whereas Nicks just wants to milk the old stuff and just tour for the cash, which is fair enough, and there I think lies the problem, he wanted some time to promote and tour with his solo work and  the band said no, he then had the cheek to ask for the days when the band weren't playing to do his own stuff and he got sacked for his impertinance!

47 minutes ago, skidder652003 said:

I get the impression ( and Im seriously no expert here) that Buckingham still wants the band to be creative, record new albums and tour whereas...

Stevie Nicks has always come over as being more concerned about her own agenda than the band's one.  

I know this is dredging up something from years back, but we were roadtripping through Nevada, we had this radio station on and they'd been promoting some live interview with Stevie Nicks.  For one reason or another the interview got pushed back, then pushed back again, then again, until they finally got her on the phone for about five minutes at the end of the show.  She came across as thoroughly unpleasant and rude, answering questions like a politician (so, not answering questions, just making disassociated comments to further whatever her agenda was that day), before cutting the interviewer off to sing Silver Springs over the phone.

She's off with the faeries.  Mad as cheese. 

I don't take this story at face value and I would imagine there have been many "issues" with LB which have yet to come out.

LB has been a PIA personally and professionally to the band since the 70's. There are years of back story here (some things we know, many we don't) and I guess he has used up all his goodwill. Personally I would have voted not to take him back after the first time he flounced off.

I know that when Dave Gilmour was recently touring, on some stages of the tour, they were travelling with nearly 70 people. A world tour like this is a massive undertaking and demands the total focus of everyone involved. That LB wants to do gigs with his own band in-between probably indicates a lack of focus and commitment to FM, which has the potential to put the tour in jeopardy further down the line. How can the organisation that is Fleetwood Mac take that risk? Maybe they did him a favour. Now he has plenty of time for his band!

About the "proposed" album? FM has been a "heritage" brand for 40 years and they have all been following solo creative paths since. Seems like the other "creative" guys want to keep the two separate. Why put a lot of modern songs into an FM tour? Nothing to be gained by doing that.

It's difficult to judge what's going on. Lot of people jumping to conclusions here. No doubt there is enough material for another Fleetwood Mac documentary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

"Nicks was angry that Buckingham smirked while she delivered a speech...".  Children. They are like bloody children. 

Although TBH I wouldn't mind if they never played another smegging note. I've always detested their music. My idea of hell is being stuck on a desert island where the only available music is Fleetwood Mac and the Stones.

I can't stand them either, yet they keep going on, and on. 

6 minutes ago, ahpook said:

" In the midst of all this public bickering, "Let It Rot" was released as a film, an album and a lawsuit. In 1970, Dirk sued Stig, Nasty and Barry. Barry sued Dirk, Nasty and Stig. Nasty sued Barry, Dirk and Stig, and Stig sued himself, accidentally. "

:D

Excellent Rutles reference there 👍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ahpook said:

" In the midst of all this public bickering, "Let It Rot" was released as a film, an album and a lawsuit. In 1970, Dirk sued Stig, Nasty and Barry. Barry sued Dirk, Nasty and Stig. Nasty sued Barry, Dirk and Stig, and Stig sued himself, accidentally. "

Everything anyone needs to know about the music business is right there, the Rutles all-inclusive guide!

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Maybe so.  But for me it would be having to listen to the Dave Matthews Band.  

5 hours ago, ahpook said:

All You Need Is Cash, indeed :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Now, cheese in the everyday world could be considered a very sensible foodstuff, unadventerous even in, say, a sandwich. It's certainly not the first thing which springs to mind as analagous to insanity for me.

That's possibly because you haven't encountered Epoisses de Bourgogne, a soft cheese so rankly odorous that it is banned from being carried on public transport in France. Speaking from experience, getting within six feet of a sliver of this cheese is an adventure in itself and to consume it is an act of insanity. I nearly died. 

• Like 1