Why become a member? ×

NBD Epi Embassy Pro

grenadillabama

I just got an Epi Embassy and it did not play well at first. It seemed to have a "backbow" in the neck. 2nd fret A string would not make a note ! I loosened the truss rod 2 full turns and now it will play. It is about 1 lb. less than a Thunderbird, a normal-length bass, with no neck dive. The fret ends will need some work too. I bought a cheapie and now I will make it all it can be. I will keep it. The picture is on my profile ; it sounds like a Thunderbird.

3 minutes ago, grenadillabama said:

Cosmo , you are correct-but if you look up "Grenadillabama" there is one photo up there (on my 'puter at least). I am wanting to put something instead of a "G". That is getting old...

I see! Post some pics on here, we'd love to see them! and as I'm sure you are aware...

:useless:

I've considered buying an Embassy for myself. I already have the Vintage Pro Thunderbird, and it is excellent. It's a bit petty but I'm not sure about the redesigned Embassy headstock, it looks a bit ordinary in comparision with the original.

Graham, I am trying to get this computer to load my photos as I have switched from Bing to Google and it is causing me no end of grief ! If a Thunderbird (or Precision) weighs about 9 lbs. this Embassy weighs 8 lbs. That is my guess. My point really was the Epi Thunderbird has a better fret job, straighter neck, and has more quality than you would expect . This Embassy is what a teen might get for Christmas- not what a pro would use. Sorry, it's a cheapie. It sounds OK. 

Graham, I am trying to get this computer to load my photos as I have switched from Bing to Google and it is causing me no end of grief ! If a Thunderbird (or Precision) weighs about 9 lbs. this Embassy weighs 8 lbs. That is my guess. My point really was the Epi Thunderbird has a better fret job, straighter neck, and has more quality than you would expect . This Embassy is what a teen might get for Christmas- not what a pro would use. Sorry, it's a cheapie. It sounds OK. 

DSCN3043.JPG

DSCN3042.JPG

DSCN3031.JPG

• Thanks 1