Why become a member? ×

Grateful Dudes at the Summer of Love, August 2018

FinnDave

The Grateful Dead covers band i joined in January has played a few gigs this year, of which the best (so far) was our headline slot at the Summer of Love party in Kent at the beginning of August.

The gig was recorded and videoed with a multi-camera HD set up, and the editing has just been completed. Have to say, I'm not disappointed with the result!

Recommend full screen and headphones or decent speakers.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, atsampson said:

That's awesome! Watched it over dinner and really enjoyed it - great playing from all involved. I particularly liked Brown-Eyed Women and Stella Blue.

Thank you, I'll pass on your comments to the rest of the band. Paul (on of the drummers) takes lead vocals on both of those, so he'll be pleased to hear them singled out for praise.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, shug said:

Great! Only one question - where the f**k didja find five other guys who dig the Dead? My guess is they ain't in it for the money...

Well, to answer the questions in order - they found me, and no, we ain't in it for money. A good gig is one where we break even! Last few gigs have started to show enough profit to almost cover the travel cost of the rehearsals. But the gigs are such a high it ought to be illegal!