AntWPF

Tobias Pro6 (6 String, early Gibson) PRICE DROP: £400 / Listed on eBay.
£700

Also listed on eBay at auction. 

My lovely Tobias Pro6 I am really struggling to find a specification list for this, which is a shame. What I can tell you is that it is NOT a pre-Gibson Tobias and has had a refit with a set of EMG pickups.

I believe it is purple heart along with what Hell Zero here has identified:

Hell Zero:

"The neck is made out of wenge and maple with a rosewood fretboard. The wings of the body are made out of maple."

The bass plays and sounds great, it has a closer string spacing then most basses, nothing hugely noticeable though and if anything it helps.

It has some cosmetic damage which is fairly minimal though as I struggled to photograph it. Most of it is on the backside of the body.

It does, have a scratchy volume knob, however, it does work fine on full volume, all the other pots are fine and they are pick up blend, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut.

It has a pretty trustworthy Tobias soft case included too.

Any questions then please just ask. 1f642.png

Price drop: £400, shipping not included.

Thank you for viewing

20181002_114016.thumb.jpg.4791f89ec62e43df37123b54ac350830.jpg20181002_114334.thumb.jpg.cc96efb456ebe2a94c858a6648afbf0c.jpg

20181002_114046.thumb.jpg.800104bb2b502e12de0ab78e5019f89f.jpg

20181002_114548.thumb.jpg.968a3c6a05315f678f00161d7d20b9b2.jpg20181002_114618.thumb.jpg.0a33c57a68bf63917a01db530e83c082.jpg

Edited by AntWPF
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, littleal said:

It's a tobias pro6 hope this helps, 

Had one years ago, lovely instrument,,,

Thank you that fills in a technical gap. It really is a great instrument and sounds great. Like I say, reluctant sale, will be relieved to see it go to a good home though. 

Lovely start up bass for anybody looking to delve right in. :)

The neck is made out of wenge and maple with a rosewood fretboard. The wings of the body are made out of maple.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:09, littleal said:

It's a tobias pro6 hope this helps, 

Had one years ago, lovely instrument,,,

Me too; was the 5 string and was called Toby Pro -  one of the best players I ever had, wish I'd been smart enough to swap the pups.

On 11/10/2018 at 20:31, Pea Turgh said:

I played a 4 string version in a shop 23 years ago and I still think of it now!  If only I had the £500 for it back then!!!

I had always been keen on Tobias basses and I wasn't disappointed when I bought this by any stretch of the imagination.

On 11/10/2018 at 20:58, Hellzero said:

The neck is made out of wenge and maple with a rosewood fretboard. The wings of the body are made out of maple.

Thank you very much for the extra info, I wouldn't have 100% known.

On 12/10/2018 at 13:50, TheMuffin said:

For how long were u using this beast? 😁

I have been using this monster since 2013.

On 12/10/2018 at 14:32, Beneath It All said:

Me too; was the 5 string and was called Toby Pro -  one of the best players I ever had, wish I'd been smart enough to swap the pups.

The pick-up swap has certainly been welcomed since I have owned it, it sounds great.

Thank you for all of your comments, the bass is still available. :)

A question for Admin if it gets read; Is there any chance I can change this thread to a different bass? I'd like to withdraw this sale as I have had a change of heart and would much rather advertise my tasty 5 string Fretless Warwick Infinity.

You would need to start a new thread as StuartB says.

Thank you to everybody here for you help and your comments and apologies for not replying to everybody directly. I have been offline for a while and now have the tech power to be back.

This bass is still up for sale, it is lovely and has a well padded Tobias soft case to go with it. :)

Thank you all for looking.

Edited by AntWPF

Posted (edited)

Price drop: £400 will ship worldwide, postage not included. :)

Edited by AntWPF

Guest subaudio
Posted (edited)

Nice basses these and you've fixed their only weak spot by changing the pickups.

The scratchy volume pot is an easy fix, spin back and forth through its full rotation quickly a good few times, remove the knob, spray in some switch cleaner, refit the knob and repeat the spinning, job done.

I had one for years and loved it.

Edited by subaudio

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.