Why become a member? ×

NS CR4T for swap - **SWAP NOW DONE**
£1250

Just putting this out there... 

My immaculate NS designs CR4T, in perfect condition, neck in unmarked condition, this is the "T" (traditional double bass) version with the brass button at the back of the ebony neck so when your hand slides up it indicates the reference position where a 3rd position D is. The action is higher as well so you can really dig in. It's adjustable so you can set it ultra low as well. 

Strung with Thomastik Spiracores which make a lovely growl especially on the E string. Very powerful 18v preamp with vol, bass, treble and blend knobs (the blend knob alters the phasing between the "mwah" and thud sound, or fully arco focused.)

It's a superb instrument with incredible craftsmanship and finish, a real head turner. 

Comes with NS padded case, NS tripod adjustable stand so it stays completely stable when not played, Allen keys, polishing cloth and if I can find it I'll throw in the NS Boomerang harness (£165 new)so you can walk around with it slung around your shoulders (just like Tony Levin - if that's your thing!) 

Not really for sale as I'd like to SWAP it for a Yamaha SLB200 - They're about the same price new (the NS T is a little bit more). I'm a double bassist first and foremost and miss the shoulder profile so the yam would suit me better. 

Let me know if you need pics and I'll send you loads. 

Edited by Bloopdad1
Change of title

Pity this ad is coming a year too early for me, I will need my SLB200 at least until June. I might not mind the swap then, if I finally quit playing the DB and go back to electric.

It would be good to see some of those pics, though, in any case.

GLWTS(wap)

Thanks, I'm in absolutely no hurry to sell or swap it, it'll only go if the right bass comes along. It has a superb sound and is completely unmarked , I just miss "shoulders" on a EUB, I may very well have it next June! 

Send me your number or email (or friend me on FB - Graham Tuck) and ill send you as many pics as you want. 

Thanks for the message 

Cheers

Graham 

20181011_202837.jpg

20181011_202846.jpg

20181011_202855.jpg

20181011_202904.jpg

20181011_202945.jpg

20181011_203017.jpg

20181011_202934.jpg

20181011_202918.jpg

On 12/10/2018 at 00:15, TheGreek said:

Whenever I look at these I struggle to understand why Ned spent all that time designing the top half of a bass and then "stuck it" onto a cheap looking tripod. 

Hopes this doesn't deter any potential buyers..

It's maybe cheap looking, but it is absolutely not. It's heavy and sturdy.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2018 at 14:11, TheGreek said:

What I meant was I'd rather have a bass that reached the floor than had a metal tripod as part of the design.

Sorry for detracting from the sale thread.

Stick basses without shoulders can tend to spin if using normal endpins, this is one solution to counteract that.