Why become a member? ×

Hi! Newbie here

Psymoon

Hello folks! 

I've just decided to join up after my uncle-in-law (if that makes sense) mentioned the forums. 

I'm a bit of a newbie as this is my first post but I have stumbled on various forum posts in the past when looking for tips and advice. 

Gear wise I'm a bit of a hermit. I have a very...ahem, interesting Peavey Milestone III. Which is delightful and very resonant but could certainly do with a rewiring I think.

I also have a double bass, which is my true baby but it certainly does not get enough love. 

It is a Paesold 590P, its big and German and beautiful. Laminated tone woods and really hefty strings. 

I've slapped it and bowed it and plucked it and it always sounds lush but that might just be because it is a double bass. 

I don't own any bass amps as yet because I have never had the financial position to get own and happened to be in bands with folks who I can borrow them from.

I love playing the bass in bands and probably favour it over my other instruments (which are also delightful but I feel I ought not to mention them here).

Anyway, that's me. I look forward to getting to know the community more.

P.S. The podcast was quite an interesting listen this morning :D

19726410708_c02eb58852_o.jpg

• Like 3