Why become a member? ×

On hold - Mesa Boogie Walkabout combo
£800

Alfie Noakes

Mesa Boogie Walkabout combo, 300 watts, 4 ohms, and working perfectly. Thunderous tone, probably the best combo in the world, some say. Complete with Mesa cover. Switching to IEMs, so it’s up for sale. 

No trades please, and collection preferred - it’s not the right shape for a jiffy bag and a stamp. Happy for a half way meet within reason - I live in the Worcester / Birmingham area.

I also have the matching extension cab (again, 300 watts and 4 ohms, with Mesa cover) that I may be persuaded to part with.

201C4BE5-0AA2-44A8-9AFC-E497BC8F33E9.jpeg

ED1E1F8F-DCEF-466E-BC2F-AFFCE4BB3B28.jpeg

BF13C736-9FF0-4035-896F-C3F7C72C3EAC.jpeg

FA5C02D7-37D6-4E38-B445-D90F4906C26A.jpeg

Edited by Alfie Noakes
  • Like 1

I reckon this'll be gone within an hour or two :)

PMD.

I was hoping that this had sold. I don't need it but it has been on my 'wanted' list for a long while! GLWTS.

SLACKERS!! You're making Beedster look bad with his prediction of a 2 hour sale....Not my favourite Mesa but I know that others regard these very highly. 

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 1

:)

Well I was clearly wrong! Yes, highly regarded, and great tone and flexibility for a combo. Add the extension cab to it and you probably wouldn't need anything else until you get up to stadiums (I played a few outdoor gigs with just the combo and it held its own without PS support).

Almost tempted to go for it myself - to my mind the 12" is a better version than the 15" - but it's just a bit too far to travel :(

23 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

This thread is very entertaining to follow...

Could this be yet another piece of fabulous Boogie bass gear that's going to end up in the Canterbury 'Bass Tardis that is Beedster Towers..😁

Ha ha, you got me there Nik! I would love this but am going to keep the old impulses at bay just this once :)

• Like 1

Very surprised it's still here though, they're fewer and farer between as people who've got them realise they're simply too good to let go, especially given that few (if any) other bass amp manufacturers have managed to get anywhere close to this level of power and quality in a decently sized combo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Browning said:

I have to say I'm not convinced someone's paid for advert is the place to be stating a preference for a different piece of kit.

Both posts agree that the model for sale in this thread (12") is the preferable of the two models Steve? 

Still very tempted by this :)

32 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Both posts agree that the model for sale in this thread (12") is the preferable of the two models Steve? 

You'r quite right! I inadvertently commited the very sin I accused others of making. I have edited and removed my post. Take it from me, the 15 is rubbish!!!

3 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

You'r quite right! I inadvertently commited the very sin I accused others of making. I have edited and removed my post. Take it from me, the 15 is rubbish!!!

As a fellow Mesa aficionado I think you're forgiven Steve :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beedster said:

Go for it. I went to a music shop this week to try out a fender, a custom shop, a new ray and a sandberg, tried through both a amped svt and the new orange terror bass - regardless of the basses I came away thinking that my Mesa walkabout was in another league compared to them, for clean punchy power 

and heft even...

6 hours ago, Alfie Noakes said:

Thanks for the comments chaps. Canterbury is sadly a long shot, Beedster. Deedee, the heads kick out 300 watts. Very loud watts, as it happens. Far louder than other watts, IMHO. 

On the bench with the Mesa recommended tech I was using mine was actually putting out around 400w apparently ...