Why become a member? ×

Custom headstock transfers, good reliable source?

Big_Stu

I recently acquired a gift of a Stagg Strat at a commemoration event for 70s star Alvin Stardust. I'm pleasantly surprised with many aspects of it, the machines and bridge seem to be good solid kit. The body is solid wood, I expected ply, beneath it's (pink) gloss finish. The body was signed by all of the stage participants so I've had a car body repairer put a good strong coating or three over them.

To make it a total package as a commemoration piece I'm having the neck plate laser etched with an image and date of the event & thought that a Fender style transfer for the headstock, but reading "Alvin Stardust" rather than "Fender Stratocaster" would be a nice touch.

If anyone has ever had a custom transfer made I'd be grateful for a recommendation for a supplier??

Parts wise I have an old trio of custom John Birch "Full Range" Strat pickups, about 20 years old and never used, so I'd like to hear what they can do. i also have an unused Fender TBX cut/boost tone pot in my parts box, so that can be used too.So on an all black scratchplate I'll have a black Tele metal vol knob, and two black chicken-heads for the tones. The pickups are matt black with covered poles.

I'm also looking for a recommendation for a supplier of copper 50mm earthing/screening tape to line the cavaties with??

Many thanks!