Why become a member? ×

SOLD: £375 USA Ernie Ball Musicman SUB 4 with Musicman hardcase and artisan pick guard.
£575

Dandelion

This actual bass is the one chosen by Musicmanbass.org to be the pictorial representation of a Sub 4 bass.

http://www.musicmanbass.org/mycustompage0032.htm

It is called "Hutton" presumably after a previous owner of the bass from this very parish. 

It will ship with the artisan crafted pick guard and the original aluminium one.  A black pick guard and a mirror pick guard will also be included. You know the score with these basses, and this is an excellent example. A genuine Musicman Stingray case is also offered for extra £50. You tend to find that the black finish on the neck has begun to rub of on most examples. But not in this case.  There is a flake of paint which had bubbled then had worn off near the headstock. This can be simply be masked with a black marker pen if you wish. There are also tiny areas on the headstock itself which can be remedied in the same way if you want to. The rest of the bass is immaculate. 

I now only play five stringers so this has sat unused for a while. I have kept on to it because it is the mutts nuts but I shall not be returning to 4 Strings. 

Happy to post at your risk if you sort the courier and insurance.  Feel free to collect.. Or I can deliver to a reasonable distance.  The case is only compulsory with posting which will be an extra £50. 

Just noticed what I think is probably a cymbal strike on the bottom (G string) edge of the fret board. I have included an image of it. 

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0000_BURST20180423195033495.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0378.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

Edited by Dandelion

I was indeed the previous and original owner of this SUB4 and it is a very nice example. There are always a few basses that we regret selling and this is one of mine. I've just purchased a bass otherwise I would be very sorely tempted.

Edited by Hutton
  • Like 1

£375 for all original USA built bass.  Stingray pickup, preamp all made in California... 

Pick guard crafted in Germany. 

Original pick guards included. 

Will post only in genuine stingray hard case. Which will be additional £50.

Pick up at cost.  

Can deliver or meet up reasonable distances. 

Bargain I thought..?? 

Edited by Dandelion

On 21/10/2018 at 13:08, Dandelion said:

£375 for all original USA built bass.  Stingray pickup, preamp all made in California... 

Pick guard crafted in Germany. 

Original pick guards included. 

Will post only in genuine stingray hard case. Which will be additional £50.

Pick up at cost.  

Can deliver or meet up reasonable distances. 

Bargain I thought..?? 

Bargain's not the word. That's seriously cheap for that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...