Why become a member? ×

Shuker Uberhorn Fretless 4 Revisited

Bridgehouse

10 hours ago, Bridgehouse said:

Yeah - one thing it doesn’t do is that more trad fretless mwah with any authority. It’s actually more like a slightly mid scooped P bass on speed. 

I’d like something less distinctive I could take to the more Er, salubrious venues, and um, well, gas innit....

Why am I even asking anyone else about GAS related matters when I am constantly floating in a cloud of it?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bridgehouse said:

Yeah - one thing it doesn’t do is that more trad fretless mwah with any authority. It’s actually more like a slightly mid scooped P bass on speed. 

I’d like something less distinctive I could take to the more Er, salubrious venues, and um, well, gas innit....

So you’ll be asking @skelf to make you a fretless with his filter preamp in it then...

I was talking to Jon just the other day about Uberhorn. The electronics on this one came up in conversation and he'd said that at the time, this bass was a the prototype to Uberhorn and thus so were the electronics on board. The "best" way to do things at the time he recalls. Like the upgrades here, Jon is now using John East's UniPre and Piezo Buffer in the Uberhorn basses as standard. (Other pickups are available etc) . So it sounds like things have come on a long way and the systems now supplied are way more resilient - oh and from this thread, it appears they sound amazing too! I want an Uberhorn!!! 

• 4 years later...