Why become a member? ×

*TWO* Warwick Dolphin Pro1 - Sold. Please Lock.
£2000

Henrythe8

Up for grabs are not one, but TWO pretty rare Warwick Dolphin Pro1. 

The first one is Sofia, a 1998 Dolphin Pro1, one of the last with the body made out of Boiré wood. (African Rosewood). Neck is Wengé/Zebrano with a Wengé fingerboard. MEC pickups and electronics. I used it A LOT, and therefore there are some minor marks (thumb over the neck p'up, and a small ding at the end fin of the bass. 

The bas is not entirely original as I changed the pot buttons for a nice one with a red top for the preamp, and the tuners were changed for GOTOH BG707 (thos who know the reputation of Warwick tuners can be thankful 🙂 ). Flaws appear in the pictures. 

Sold with the OHSC that is made with the Titanic anchor. 

More pictures here : https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZkdvSzFYEFomQKDS2

Soundclip here : 

This one can be yours for GBP1800 / 2000€

mHr7wC_ijhwoPq-q1Id2e4GSqhwZ-XS-NuFYOyqI

The second one is Elise, a VERY rare 1989 Dolphin Pro1 in Blueburst. There were only 4 made in this color, 2 with ebony fretboard and EMG pickups (For french bassist Pascal Mulot) of which only one survived. The two other were made for a pro German bass player with wengé fingerboard and Bartolini Pickups. this is one of those. Boiré body and super thin Wengé neck, wengé fingerboard. This one has a very specific tone, almost nasal, and a lot of character. 

Fully original, frets have been levelled a few years back giving a very nice thin fret feeling. Very great shape except for a few small marks on the upper horn (I suspect tapping with some bracelets 🙂 )the Back cover has been signed by Pascal Mulot when I met him. 

This one is priced at 2300€/2000gbp, given the rarity of the 89 models, and this one in particular. 

Sold with the OHSC that is made with the Titanic anchor, also. 

ZLC4uFa7KCY9v8VagjUujNdN2jfh538PUl_MyoOL

Pictures here : https://goo.gl/photos/kLh7kyHX9nPv1KaGA

Basses are located in Northern France, and I can pick up my fellow Britons friends at the Lille Station should you want to travel with Eurostar. 

I'd rather not ship but will do if the buyer arrange and pay for the courrier. 

Prices are rather fair in my opinion, but if you feel you can make very near offer please do. 

I can accept a partial trade, but I'm VERY specific about the trade-ins : 

VERY welcome is the Warwick Thumb BO5 (BROADNECK only.); or the Sandberg VM5. Dolphin Pro1 5 Broadneck (only) . Ibanez BTB Terra FIrma welcome, Ibanez AFR, too, if 5 strings. 

only 4-strings I can accept is a Precision Bass : Custom Shop, relic'd, but non Maple, non sunburst. 

Reason for saelling those is I have commissionned a Stradi, and don't play a lot on 4-stringers anymore. 

Edited by Henrythe8
  • Like 5

Guest Marcoelwray

The money man, the money.... If I had the money I'll buy your 2 dolphin, the 5 broadneck and Andy's newer one... Just to have these beauties for price of chocolate..'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Back in business. 

I have been incredibly rude and absent due to health issues, then work issues, then family, then work again. I apologize to those who sent me messages and then found to be abandonned. Very sorry about this. 

Anyway, those two basses are still there. 
Shipping possible, but expect some overcosts , especially for the US where, due to CITES regulations, there is a risk of Custom problems, involving getting a CITES Certificate and a Manufacturers Certificate for the date and woods. 

As for trade options (only with cash my way) : Full Tube heads (Ampeg SVT, Mesa Prodigy, Orange AD200...); VERY welcome is the Warwick Thumb BO5 (BROADNECK only.); or the Sandberg VM5. Dolphin Pro1 5 Broadneck (only) . Ibanez BTB Terra Firma welcome, Ibanez AFR, too, if 5 strings. 

Open to sensible offers, too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Open to offers and trades with : 

Basses : Warwick Thumb BO5 (BROADNECK only.); or the Sandberg VM5. Dolphin Pro1 5 Broadneck (only) . Ibanez BTB Terra Firma 5 strings, Ibanez AFR 5 strings; Warwick Buzzard BO5... or any 5er with a 19mm string spacing. 

US Precision Bass :  relic'd, non sunburst, or any p-bass type with a 44mm nut width

Amps : Full Tube Meas Prodigy; Orange AD200, Ampeg SVT, Phil Jones, EBS Fafner...