Why become a member? ×

Musical inventions

ianrendall

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

How about a piece of plastic or metal which you could hold between your fingers and use to strike the strings on your guitar or bass.....I'm thinking about something that looks like this:

Image result for plectrum

...but what would I call it??? a "Pick"? Maybe a "plectrum"?? What do you think??

Naah! You play bass with your fingers, innit? 🤣

11 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I'll buy one...please check the off switch works first.

Well sir, for a few pounds more, my I present the DeluxeGuitarMachine ™ - boasting:

not one;

not two;

but THREE off switches! For total peace of mind!

:tatice_01:

Edited by Teebs
Intellectual property rights
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Does it have a pout and flounce mode?

Of course! It also has 'rehearsal standby mode' (patent pending) - random twiddling at inappropriate moments at high volume, slightly off-key.

A VERY desirable feature.

2 hours ago, Teebs said:

Well sir, for a few pounds more, my I present the DeluxeGuitarMachine ™ - boasting:

not one;

not two;

but THREE off switches! For total peace of mind!

:tatice_01:

Do you have the Club hammer model? For those petulant b*stards who won't take the hint?

7 hours ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

a cloning machine so i could clone another 4 of me qnd start a band with myself

Happily, it isn't invented yet, coz:

1) I'm only mildly enthusiastic about those bands with five bass guitars and nothing else.

2) The BC mods would have to weed out 80% of your identical posts. They didn't sign up for that, ya know! 

😉

Edited by BassTractor
maths or reading
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Sqymbals

Er... I'm not too sure about that idea. One could make round ones smaller so they fit anyway, and more importantly: with square ones, you risk them producing overtone frequencies that are not exact multiples of the fundamental (sorry for primitive wording here), resulting in the need for a GuitarMachine DeluxeTM - Drummers Edition.

Wait! 😮

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Norris said:

Not strictly music related, but I want a Star Trek style transporter that can magically transport my gear to and from gigs without me having to lug it about. Of course, I'd probably need to lug the transporter station into position first... oh well

No they had those temporary things, where they put 3 sticks up around the area and then transported stuff in.

Of course, a bunch of drunk guys would nick one of the sticks and start chasing each other around the pub with it!