Why become a member? ×

Moog One polysynth

Quatschmacher

Anyone else excited by this? At $5,999 for the 8-voice and $7,999 for the 16-voice version, it’s way out of my budget but I’m nonetheless excited that it’s finally a reality. 

Still hasn’t been announced on the Moog site but is available for preorder at Sweetwater:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MoogOne16--moog-one-16-voice-analog-synthesizer

It looks beautiful and the specs sound phenomenal. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Haven't heard it, but the innerwebz' consistent referencing to the Polymoog make me sceptical. I disliked that with a vengeance. Though: I do seriously hope my scepticism is wrongly placed. 

OTOH, the very day I have 4,000 money units, I'm getting a Waldorf Quantum.

On 05/10/2018 at 21:06, BassTractor said:

Haven't heard it, but the innerwebz' consistent referencing to the Polymoog make me sceptical. I disliked that with a vengeance. Though: I do seriously hope my scepticism is wrongly placed. 

Surely it's got more in common with the Memory Moog? 

• 1 month later...

Just want to say I've heard the demos and read the specs more carefully, and am very, very impressed indeed. Any comparance with the Polymoog must be about historic awareness, coz it really has very little to do with it. It seems to be a beast of a synth.

Would I buy it before a Waldorf Quantum? Probably not even at Quantum price, but that's just about my preferences.

12 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

Just want to say I've heard the demos and read the specs more carefully, and am very, very impressed indeed. Any comparance with the Polymoog must be about historic awareness, coz it really has very little to do with it. It seems to be a beast of a synth.

Would I buy it before a Waldorf Quantum? Probably not even at Quantum price, but that's just about my preferences.

It looks visually similar to the Memorymoog. I’ve watched all the Moog live-streams and it does sound great and the architecture is well thought-out. I like the fact that all editing is possible without recourse to a PC editor program. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 3 weeks later...

This vid demos the built in sound/sequence combinations that the poster found.

I think this vid amongst many others demonstrate that this is a beast indeed.

Again, probably not for me, but that's about what I need from a synth, not about whether this is a good one.