Why become a member? ×

Drummers = nutjobs. I have proof

fleabag

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think this is some sort of penis extension bragging thing...and I say that as a former drummer myself.

It also reminds me of the percussionist at the concert band I play with.  There is a separate guy who plays drum kit, but he will show up half an hour early to wheel out glockenspiels, xylophones, gongs, tubular bells, timpani, congas etc etc, just to end up playing "ping" on a triangle on one piece before having to put it all away again.

He's a lovely bloke and has a lot more patience than me....

I agree that kit looks way over the top, and he didn't play anything like such a monstrosity when he was with  Dale Bozzio and Missing Persons.

I seem to recall though, that he had a fair old kit during the Zappa years

23 hours ago, AntLockyer said:

It goes full circle, the ultimate show offs only bring a kick and snare

This. Saw a drummer do this at a jam night - snare, bass drum, hi-hat, and one cymbal. His comment was along the lines of "this'll sort the men from the boys".

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, fleabag said:

monster drumkit.jpg

Looks like it's piled up ready for the crusher. 

I'd wait 'til the end of the first song and dive backwards into it, sort that mess out before the intro to the second song finishes d!ckhead. 

🤣

On 05/10/2018 at 10:33, Huge Hands said:

I'm sorry, but I can't help but think this is some sort of penis extension bragging thing

Yeah, like Bozzio needs to brag. Me, I once played a whole song without using all the 88 keys on my piano. Bragging, me.