Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

Well the Stomp needs a ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ on the packaging. I had no idea that it was capable of speeding up time, I sat down around 11 this morning, plugged it all in and started noodling away setting up my own presets and I looked up, 10 possibly 15 minutes later, and the clock said 16:30! Brigadier..!

Pertwee.jpeg

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

OK, next questions, does anyone have any flight case, hard case, bag recommendations for the Stomp and, slightly more esoteric, has anyone found a way of mounting this on a stand? I'll have very few presets for live that I can switch between songs, I'll not be using the foot switches live so I'd prefer to have it up on a stand as I sit whilst playing.

On 20/09/2019 at 17:17, Frank Blank said:

Well the Stomp needs a ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ on the packaging. I had no idea that it was capable of speeding up time, I sat down around 11 this morning, plugged it all in and started noodling away setting up my own presets and I looked up, 10 possibly 15 minutes later, and the clock said 16:30! Brigadier..!

Pertwee.jpeg

Love this pic might steal it

30 minutes ago, Rollin Thunder said:

Love this pic might steal it

+1^^ 😊

Finding that my Stomp has gone 'stealth' and won't be detected by 3 different computers and 2 different USB cables (which work with other devices) so the ability to use HX Edit, which is a must for me, is no longer there. Have done a factory reset, but still no joy.

Anything obvious I'm missing? If not, could be a case of taking back to the store under warranty for repair / replacement.

32 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1^^ 😊

Finding that my Stomp has gone 'stealth' and won't be detected by 3 different computers and 2 different USB cables (which work with other devices) so the ability to use HX Edit, which is a must for me, is no longer there. Have done a factory reset, but still no joy.

Anything obvious I'm missing? If not, could be a case of taking back to the store under warranty for repair / replacement.

It did that to mine.

What fixed it, if I remember, is uninstalling and reinstalling the HX edit etc on my pc.

Edited by la bam

43 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1^^ 😊

Err, weren't you recently bemoaning the fact that you didn't like the Future impact because you didn't want to be tied to a PC for editing???

Editing the Stomp via the pedal interface is a breeze, plus being familiar with it will help when making edits on the fly on a gig. I only HX edit for backing up patches. 

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

xD You took the words right out of my fingers!

Haha boys. Yup, there's only so much headspace in my little Krow brain for PC editing and mine's been allocated to DAW, Stomp, Manta and Aftershock. That's MORE than enough thank you! So any pedals that can deliver what I need without PC editing is a boon. Not missing my FI one bit!! But you may well have gathered that from another thread...😂

...besides there's PC editing and FI PC editing! You do need a brain the size of minor planet (which fortunately our very own @Quatschmacher has) to develop expertise with the FI. You need to bear in mind the FI is "light years" ahead of it's rivals in synth technology.

Edited by Al Krow

27 minutes ago, la bam said:

It did that to mine.

What fixed it, if I remember, is uninstalling and reinstalling the HX edit etc on my pc.

Cheers for that - I tried that route by installing a new version of HX Edit onto my laptop and also onto another desktop this morning and no joy. 

It's just been off-boarded to take back to PMT to see if they have any more luck...

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Cheers for that - I tried that route by installing a new version of HX Edit onto my laptop and also onto another desktop this morning and no joy. 

It's just been off-boarded to take back to PMT to see if they have any more luck...

Bas, want me to bring mine over later to test? I would have said it’s the drivers, this happens all the time with my Zoom pedals, but as you have tried a fresh pc then it sounds like it might be the Stomp. Done a hard reset?

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Bas, want me to bring mine over later to test? I would have said it’s the drivers, this happens all the time with my Zoom pedals, but as you have tried a fresh pc then it sounds like it might be the Stomp. Done a hard reset?

Cheers buddy - yup please do. 

I did a "switch on and press stomp buttons 2&3" which I think is the factory reset. 

I have been working with the Stomp for a few days, oddly enough to just get base sounds for both the Godin and the Rob Allen, so trying to achieve good fundamental tones with simple EQ and compression blocks, now I’m experimenting with just a touch of reverb. My main (I won’t say problem) conundrum is one that I have always had and seems to be exacerbated by The Stomp is not knowing where to add/subtract volume. The Godin seems to have quite a normal output level but the Rob Allen has a very ‘hot’ signal. In trying to even up the presets I’ve created for each bass I’m left with a bewildering array of options for volume control. Obviously the bass has its own volume, then each block has gain or level or master, then the Stomp itself has a volume control on the front and then there is a gain on the back of the QSC. I never really knew which should be at which setting when I had a bass straight into an amp with the onboard vol and the amps gain and master so now I have the blocks + pedal vol too I’m even more confused.

28 minutes ago, Osiris said:

Editing the Stomp via the pedal interface is a breeze, plus being familiar with it will help when making edits on the fly on a gig. I only HX edit for backing up patches. 

This is how I’ve approached mine. As I do all my editing at home with headphones I need to know exactly where to go once I’m in a band situation, so I’ve avoided using my PC. I have hoked it up once, just to back my patches up.

I really wish there was a way of setting defaults for a specific sim, and then have the ability to adjust it across a few patches. I can cut and paste, but it’s quite labours.

oh, and I’m sure I’m late to the party but I noticed yesterday that the through signal doesn’t cut out if the power does. That’s pretty cool and a nice safe feature. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

My main (I won’t say problem) conundrum is one that I have always had and seems to be exacerbated by The Stomp is not knowing where to add/subtract volume.

You can set each patch level independently. there is a level control  at the very right had side of the block window. This is my way of doing it.

Assuming your signal level is fine going through the blocks, then that might be a quick way of levelling things up.

Edited by dave_bass5

4 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Excellent! In Edit or on the Stomp’s screen?

Its probably in Edit but I don’t use that, so I’m talking about on the Stomp itself. Scroll to the white circle at the very right hand side of the block window. You have pan and level control for the main outs. 

You could also try going to the left hand side and adjusting the input impedance if you are using a hot bass. I think that’s what it’s for. 

Edited by dave_bass5

5 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Its probably in Edit but I don’t use that, so I’m talking about on the Stomp itself. Scroll to the white circle at the very right hand side of the block window. You have pan and level control for the main outs. 

+1 I do this this as well. Seems to be the quickest and easiest way to adjust the overall patch level.

I’ve also set the master volume knob on my Stomp to only affect the headphone out, so the main outs are fixed at max volume. Gives you one less thing to worry about, especially when the amp/speakers have their own  physical volume controls! Also prevents any dire consequences if that volume knob gets knocked in a live situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

+1 I do this this as well. Seems to be the quickest and easiest way to adjust the overall patch level.

I’ve also set the master volume knob on my Stomp to only affect the headphone out, so the main outs are fixed at max volume. Gives you one less thing to worry about, especially when the amp/speakers have their own  physical volume controls! Also prevents any dire consequences if that volume knob gets knocked in a live situation.

Yep, same here regarding the volume knob. The lest setting to do the better IMO.  I’m really  impressed  with how well this thing has been thought out. 

12 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

You could also try going to the left hand side and adjusting the input impedance if you are using a hot bass. I think that’s what it’s for. 

Brilliant, thank you very much Sir! *salutes*

• Like 1