Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

On 06/06/2019 at 18:24, Chiliwailer said:

For just a tiny extra bit of footprint you can add two more switches. I got mine off eBay but they have a website - it’s called Skinny Little Twins

As above, snapshots would be better if you don’t want latency when switching patches. 

69A40F95-D506-4D47-97C6-F5131FA6C711.jpeg

I am presuming that can only be 2 switches on a stereo lead? More would need midi magic which would put the total spend up to as much as bigger brother. Am I right?

8 minutes ago, owen said:

I am presuming that can only be 2 switches on a stereo lead? More would need midi magic which would put the total spend up to as much as bigger brother. Am I right?

I’m using a stereo lead, but I have s feeling it can be used with a mono lead by assigning ring and tip functions. 

You can download the manual pdf, it may explain more. In total I’m fairly sure you can add up to 4 switches or a combination of switches and expression pedals. But yes, more money and footprint kind of defeats the object eh? 

On 11/06/2019 at 16:42, Chiliwailer said:

I’m using a stereo lead, but I have s feeling it can be used with a mono lead by assigning ring and tip functions. 

You can download the manual pdf, it may explain more. In total I’m fairly sure you can add up to 4 switches or a combination of switches and expression pedals. But yes, more money and footprint kind of defeats the object eh? 

You can use a mono lead, but only for a single external switch.... If you use a mono lead to a dual switch the ring and sleeve contacts will be shorted and only one of the switches would work.

On 11/06/2019 at 19:12, ordep said:

for those interested, saw this on the Helix FB group. Stomp based board powered by a powerbank.

58963C90-C527-41D5-AC0F-DD266AC8BFE0.jpeg

737DBC2D-7E31-40D9-9EA0-0EF4A7AAB797.jpeg

24FBE2A1-B47F-4A3F-A6CE-458D411B2579.jpeg

I approve of this very tidy board! Yeah, really nice!

I bought the few Stomp a few months ago, registered it and bought the Helix Native plugin for garageband.

I don't play in a band and find myself playing through the computer when at home so was wondering if I sold the Stomp do I retain ownership of the plugin.

I assume I wouldn't but wasn't sure if the plugin is registered to te hardware in some way.

2 minutes ago, basskit_case said:

I bought the few Stomp a few months ago, registered it and bought the Helix Native plugin for garageband.

I don't play in a band and find myself playing through the computer when at home so was wondering if I sold the Stomp do I retain ownership of the plugin.

I assume I wouldn't but wasn't sure if the plugin is registered to te hardware in some way.

Helix native is a standalone purchase and runs on your computer without needing to have any Helix hardware connected - if selling your Stomp, your Helix Native plugin should still continue to work just fine.

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

Helix native is a standalone purchase and runs on your computer without needing to have any Helix hardware connected - if selling your Stomp, your Helix Native plugin should still continue to work just fine.

But would the next stomp owner be able to get the software at the reduced price?

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

But would the next stomp owner be able to get the software at the reduced price?

You would have thought that the intention was for the discount only being one Helix Native per Stomp (and on a first come first served basis), rather than one circulating Stomp enabling the entire guitar and bass playing community to get a discount on Helix Native? 

27 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You would have thought that the intention was for the discount only being one Helix Native per Stomp (and on a first come first served basis), rather than one circulating Stomp enabling the entire guitar and bass playing community to get a discount on Helix Native? 

Indeed. Original owner only. Once redeemed, that's it.

Unless, of course, the original owner didn't fork out £79 for Helix Native so it should be still available to the next guy? 

Let's face it, how many of us have / will get both Stomp plus Native? Seems a bit pointless to me. 

If you've got a Stomp and the free HX Edit then the two together do everything that Native does. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

Yeah - esp as the ones you see secondhand tend to be already priced at the ‘might as well get a new one’ level 

A bigger discount than Future Impact pedals are going for. At the end of the day, it's supply and demand. 

49 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Unless, of course, the original owner didn't fork out £79 for Helix Native so it should be still available to the next guy? 

Yep, the reason I can get it.

Let's face it, how many of us have / will get both Stomp plus Native? Seems a bit pointless to me. 

Because Maybe you want to record or want the facilities of a full helix?

If you've got a Stomp and the free HX Edit then the two together do everything that Native does. 

You have said that before, it still isn't correct. The helix native gives you a full helix. The stomp is one channel of a helix, or half a helix if you will. 

So actually it is a pretty good deal.  You can have the stomp as a gigging stomp box and the full helix for recording

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

Just now, Woodinblack said:

You have said that before, it still isn't correct. The helix native gives you a full helix. The stomp is one channel of a helix, or half a helix if you will. 

So actually it is a pretty good deal.  You can have the stomp as a gigging stomp box and the full helix for recording

👍 Gotcha

9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Yep, the reason I can get it.

Because Maybe you want to record or want the facilities of a full helix?

This. 

and fewer blocks. 

Although the biggest plus for me is that I don't have to tear my board apart and set it up on an output/input on my interface DAW. it's a right pain. 

Then you have 4 additional DA/AD/DA/AD conversions. 

As soon as I have another reccording project requiring high quality effects. I'm going for native. Its an absolute no brainer bargain. 

3 hours ago, GisserD said:

... As soon as I have another reccording project requiring high quality effects. I'm going for native. Its an absolute no brainer bargain. 

That does all make very good sense, for you.

But I suspect the number of Stomp owners who will also be getting Native is going to be a relatively small minority?

Anyway I've just registered my Stomp as a precaution in case I ever decide on joining another minority :) 

27 minutes ago, krispn said:

To have all the helix functionality in a daw for the price of one zoom pedal is a total no brainer! 

Looks like we Stomp owners are going to be splitting into brainers and no-brainers then. 

Guess that makes me a brainer? 

😂