Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

47 minutes ago, Musicman20 said:

Some retailers are saying end of December 2018 for stock! I'm checking as I've paid in full and I don't want that kind of money tied up around Xmas. I'd rather wait until it's been out for a bit. 

I'm not the least bit surprised. 

Having paid Andertons the day before they said it was due to be released (5 Oct - haha) as soon as they said "sorry mate, just joking about that" I got my monies refunded. 

They're going to be releasing to coincide with NY sales at this rate! Well that's probably a good thing for me as I can spend the time working out how to use (the amazing) FI and also Gecko midi before then 😂

38 minutes ago, hookys6stringbass said:

Bloody hell.... just when I thought I was happy with my VT bass deluxe and Boss MS3 set up....

Hmmm I like the look of the HX stomp....

If you're a fan of quality Yammy BBs, you'll totally love this new Yamaha product :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Lol at GuitarGuitar

1103985849_ScreenShot2018-10-16at10_55_08.png.71126a2c8e1ef1107e396892050b3168.png

£399 is kinda standard pricing for the HX now.

Please note, these pedals are NOT being shown to scale! The HX gives you many more cm2 per £ than the HXStomp 😂

PS I'm gonna refer to the Stomp as the HXS going forward. As the S reminds of "Special" or "Sports" I still fondly associate with 80s cars, which always means they go faster...

Edited by Al Krow

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

£399 is kinda standard pricing for the HX now.

Please note, these pedals are NOT being shown to scale! The HX gives you many more cm2 per £ than the HXStomp 😂

Yeah I figured they weren't to scale lol. But not sure why the Stomp is £50 MORE than the HX?
After a quick eChat with GuitarGuitar, neither are they.

Si

Edited by Sibob

2 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Yeah I figured they weren't to scale lol. But not sure why the Stomp is £50 MORE than the HX?

Si

Keep up Si - seems you've got some catching up to do then. Please refer to posts 5 to 50 in this thread! 😂

But in short the HXS is delivering a fair bit more than the HX in a (much) more compact package.

Edited by Al Krow

That’s the danger of announcing things before you have sufficient stock, you hype people up for things and then it turns out they can’t get it, by the time there is stock half the people have moved onto other things.

I bet behringer would have sold twice as many model ds if they had stock when they said they would

23 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Keep up Si - seems you've got some catching up to do then. Please refer to posts 5 to 50 in this thread! 😂

But in short the HXS is delivering a fair bit more than the HX in a (much) more compact package.

Ah gotcha, although that's a very strange business decision. Release the HX, then 6 months later (or however long), release a better version in a smaller box (albeit less foot-switches). That's a helluva End Of Life cycle on the HX!
Also a shame GuitarGuitar couldn't tell me the that reason for the price difference lol

Anyway, still looks decent for the money!

Si

Edited by Sibob

To clarify - HX Effects and HX Stomp are quite different products (as has been covered all over the web) aimed at different areas of the market. HX Effects has more cumulative screen realestate, nearly 3x the number of footswitches, more flexible I/O, is a much more comprehensive MIDI command centre in terms of the kinds of messages it can send and isn’t limited to a fixed number of blocks.

For musicians not bothered by the pedal’s dimensions who require the above but have zero need for amp/cab models, AUX input, a headphone amp or another audio interface, HX Effects is a more appropriate purchase. It isn’t as simple as “Stomp is a better version”

Re: pricing, Line 6 intended for them to be the same price - and they are in the US - but obviously some price dropping/matching has happened between retailers over here hence HX Effects now being cheaper. 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

If you're a fan of quality Yammy BBs, you'll totally love this new Yamaha product :)

I'm very happy with my current set up but I'm always open to ways of improving...

Plus the size is brilliant... I'll be using this live straight to the desk as I very rarely use an amp these days... 

You know me I love my BBs... I like the set up diagram with the the bb bass in it...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I think someone’s got the wrong end of the stick....

Hah, I was wondering why peeople were arguing over stereo vs balanced. That makes sense! Yes, to clarify, the HX Stomp has a left and a right output, both of which are balanced TRS jacks and both of which can be set to instrument or line level.

Personally, I'd have one that had a 50cm TRX>XLR male cable which would go to FOH and the other would be a TRS>TRS patch lead into a Behringer Mic Preamp to control my FRFR volume. Other people will undoubtedly have different use cases, most of which the stomp should be able to accomodate. 

48 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Ah gotcha, although that's a very strange business decision. Release the HX, then 6 months later (or however long), release a better version in a smaller box (albeit less foot-switches). That's a helluva End Of Life cycle on the HX!
Also a shame GuitarGuitar couldn't tell me the that reason for the price difference lol

Anyway, still looks decent for the money!

Si

Awww come on, when have one of these online stores known more about the gear they're selling us, than your fellow BCers?!

I completely agree with you on the HX Life cycle point. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Oh GuitarGuitar did say end of November though......whether you want to believe that is another thing :)

Si

They'll land when they do and they can have my cash then. I can't be doing with providing them with an interest free loan in the meantime! :)

So you thinking about getting one then Si?

20 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

They'll land when they do and they can have my cash then. I can't be doing with providing them with an interest free loan in the meantime! :)

So you thinking about getting one then Si?

That footprint and functionality is interesting to me for sure. I love my M5, and it's a natural progression on from that!

The biggest point of contention is when it might arrive in shops, it is most likely going to be available during my gear-buying hiatus (yes I'm serious about it lol). So Jan 2020 might be the first time I get hold of one, by which time it will have probably been discontinued if the standard HX is anything to go by 😂

Si

@Sibob So, as long as you purchase = pay during 2018 you're good right? 

Easily solved. Just pre-order on 31 Dec (they will happily take your cash in advance), if they've not landed by then! 

Job done.

Happy new year!

Edited by Al Krow

34 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@Sibob So, as long as you purchase = pay during 2018 you're good right? 

Easily solved. Just pre-order on 31 Dec (they will happily take your cash in advance), if they've not landed by then! 

Job done.

Happy new year!

True, although I’ve seen too many instances of unforeseen long waits with new products (not Line6 I should add) to drop nearly £500 on, as you quite rightly say, an interest free loan lol.

We’ll see :)

Si

Edited by Sibob

1 minute ago, Sibob said:

True, although I’ve seen too many instances of unforeseen long waits do drop nearly £500 on, as you quite rightly say, an interest free loan lol.

We’ll see :)

Si

Think how cheap it will be 1st jan 2020 Si 😂

• Like 1

OK, now I have had a chance to play with helix native on the mac, how wonderful is that? Only problem is that it is not as good on bass as guitar (although still pretty good), and it emphasises to me that restricting down to 6 blocks would take quite a lot of the functionality away (so no helix stomp), and restricting to no amp models would also take quite a lot of the functionality away (so no helix hx). So it is full fat helix or nothing, and the helix is a bit expensive for what I want (as I would want a helix and straight to the PA, so would have to improve the PA).

If I was a guitarist in a band though, I would have sold everything and have a helix on order already - any other option would seem to be a bit of a compromise!

5 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Saw this the other day and earmarked it as a future purchase, however it doesn't have an XLR DI out. Why? Seems like such a silly omission for what looks like a teriffic product, hopefully they do a MkII and rectify this.

Line 6 said it would have increased the footprint of the unit and they wanted to keep it compact. It does have stereo outs though and the outputs are balanced just like the XLR output of a DI, it just uses a different plug. So a good setup would be to split the signal routing to left and right channels, apply an amp/cab sim to one side destined for the PA, then use a TRS jack to XLR adaptor on that output and you're golden.