Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

4 minutes ago, acroxixo said:

I bought a HX Stomp 😁

I would like to know if can power it with my Decibel Eleven Hot Stone Deluxe 

Any experience with this power supply? 
Thanks

7510E095-47CD-42A6-BC43-1589BDE1B777.png

I'm guessing you don't have the stomp yet .... the power input on the Stomp is marked 9V DC 3A - centre negative. 
It doesn't look like anything on that will give 3A

• Thanks 1

^^^

Nice one. The power supply is something I'm looking to change too. Not so much because of the big extra plug in the wall (which is a bit of a hassle) but mostly because of the long straight power connector that goes into the Helix unit which means I can't fit a pedal above it on my board - I want a 90 degree one.  

My pedal power supply unit  only goes to 500mA so the solution seems to be a current doubler (which will be a bit under-powered but hopefully fine), a 2.1 mm to 2.5 mm adapter and center positive to center negative adapter......haven't found any one cable/adapter that fits the bill yet and it doesn't seem the best idea to have all those adapters so I'll stick with the Helix power for now.

Edit: In-case anyone tries that- I think Helix things are just center negative like most pedals, so it's just the high mA and 2.5mm size that needs to be considered.

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SumOne said:

^^^

Nice one. The power supply is something I'm looking to change too. Not so much because of the big extra plug in the wall (which is a bit of a hassle) but mostly because of the long straight power connector that goes into the Helix unit which means I can't fit a pedal above it on my board - I want a 90 degree one.  

My pedal power supply unit  only goes to 500mA so the solution seems to be a current doubler (which will be a bit under-powered but hopefully fine), a 2.1 mm to 2.5 mm adapter, and center positive to center negative adapter......haven't found any one cable/adapter that fits the bill yet and it doesn't seem the best idea to have all those adapters so I'll stick with the Helix power for now.

I got that power supply and the rock board line 6 adapter DV247 - Adapter << Link,

That's all I have needed, the Stomp worked with standard cable from 1  x 1000ma  output to the line 6 adapter above into the stomp

Edited by Stofferson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got an expression pedal arriving soon, 19.99 off Amazon, rude not to. 

Does anyone know if you can connect both an expression pedal AND an added 2 button footswitch to a Stomp simultaneously? Or do both need the same socket on the back of the unit? The extra 2 buttons isn't a big one for me, I could just get used to snapshots... 

The 2 button footswitch will be using the tip of a trs cable for one switch and and ring for the other. An expression pedal will use one of the tip or ring. So you could use a trs Y cable to 2 tr jacks and have an expression pedal and 1 footswitch, or go midi if you really want more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stingray64 said:

The 2 button footswitch will be using the tip of a trs cable for one switch and and ring for the other. An expression pedal will use one of the tip or ring. So you could use a trs Y cable to 2 tr jacks and have an expression pedal and 1 footswitch, or go midi if you really want more. 

Thanks, Y cable sounds more fitting for me. I don't understand midi at all so a split cable seems best! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've joined the club. Typical of me to buy just before the market floods as people upgrade to the newer model, but never mind. I am delighted to have found a piece of kit which i could gig with the same evening I bought it. Set up my first board with laughable ease. A real lesson to a lot of others in how to make software instinctive and simple to use. I can layer the more clever complex stuff once I'm fully comfy with the basics - which is how it should be. I'm very happy.

• Like 4

Hi all, I’ve googled and looked at manual a bit, but no luck.
With a Mosky external foot switch (so additional fs 4 & 5), how do I assign those to blocks in stomp mode. They’re assigned in global settings,  but with the 3 main switches, you assign them to a block by simply touching them, the external foot switches don’t have that tech, so how do they get assigned to a block?

Cheers
Si

6 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Hi all, I’ve googled and looked at manual a bit, but no luck.
With a Mosky external foot switch (so additional fs 4 & 5), how do I assign those to blocks in stomp mode. They’re assigned in global settings,  but with the 3 main switches, you assign them to a block by simply touching them, the external foot switches don’t have that tech, so how do they get assigned to a block?

Cheers
Si

Page 35 of the manual. You can manually assign each FS to the functions. 4C98C9A6-EB28-4AB6-B304-16C4FF51ADEE.thumb.jpeg.416e38ed927159c0b5437bae3ffb4a8b.jpeg

• Like 2

Just used my stomp in a rehearsal having only had a few days. 

It all worked OK but for some feedback issues, I need to check what's happening as the bass wasn't that loud. 

What I have discovered is that unlike the Zoom pedals I was brought up on the changes that I make don't automatically save! 

Can I set it up so that they do? 

19 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Just used my stomp in a rehearsal having only had a few days. 

It all worked OK but for some feedback issues, I need to check what's happening as the bass wasn't that loud. 

What I have discovered is that unlike the Zoom pedals I was brought up on the changes that I make don't automatically save! 

Can I set it up so that they do? 

Yes - but it might be better I think to just get used to hitting save lots... previous zoom pod I had I haD it set up to automatically save - guess who turned the wrong thing 5 min before a gig starting and lost a whole patch.

setting your own defaults for individual effects/amp models things is really useful though 

Edited by LukeFRC

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

Yes - but it might be better I think to just get used to hitting save lots... previous zoom pod I had I haD it set up to automatically save - guess who turned the wrong thing 5 min before a gig starting and lost a whole patch.

setting your own defaults for things is really useful too 

I hear you, but I am so used to it I'm more likely to plug in at a gig only to find none of the hours of work I put in has been saved! 

Either way where do I go so I can at least try it?

• 2 weeks later...

I've come across two problems with my Stomp, hoping someone can help... 

I downloaded some free patches. Some are OK, some are rubbish, but the overall volume output from these varies massively and I can't resolve why. Ideally I'd like all my patches to send the same volume to the amp, and then when I use something for a boss like the tube screamer then I can set the boost, its just getting that base level right I'm struggling with... 

Anyone using an expression pedal? I bought a Nexus as a recommended cheap pedal. Not fully up to speed with it I think, I'm not getting much range from it when I use it on different effects types. I bit the bullet and have a separate bass wah on order but I like the idea of using the expression pedal for the intensity of some other effects like the flanger, just can't seem to set it up that way. When I engage the expression pedal I just get this annoying "EXP 1 Active" "EXP 2 Active" message flashing up and very little influence on the sound. 

Cant help with the second, although i did have my Yamaha FC7 working ok with it just before i sold it. 

The volume difference can be one of many things. Each amp sim has a gain and master volume, IIR so do the cabs, then you have the various levels in the other blocks in the chain.

You could just adjust the level in output block (last section on the right) to level them up without changing the gain staging between the blocks. 

49C322B5-D111-4A03-BD10-533E33D814DA.thumb.jpeg.e1803d6f084b4d24f2b21b16d1c5f213.jpeg

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

You could just adjust the level in output block (last section on the right) to level them up without changing the gain staging between the blocks. 

Exactly what I do. I have different patches for each song in a set some are with electric bass, some with an acoustic bass which has a hot output so each patch has to be tweaked and saved so an even signal is maintained throughout the set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1