Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

On 05/05/2019 at 12:04, Woodinblack said:

I'm guessing that is the plan!

Yep - I've joined a new band (still auditioning singers), and there's some more effects-needy stuff on the list - some Muse, RATM, QotSA etc where my usual clean stock sound may need tweaking, and the pitch shifting capabilities may come in handy.

1 hour ago, RnRDave said:

That's it. Fully committed to the helix one multifx (for now). All Some other pedals up for sale 😁

I'm kinda feeling the same about my £85 Zoom B1X-4. It's definitely got a sense of 'good enough' / 'this will very adequately do' about it!  

But it's obviously not as good as the Stomp, so I'll only be getting rid of some pedals!

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, RnRDave said:

That's it. Fully committed to the helix. All other pedals up for sale. 

Well done!! I did the same a little while ago and never looked back. Sounded great in the house and even better live. Oh and got more cash back from pedal sales that the Stomp cost. No brainer 

• Like 2

I am considering moving from separate pedals to an HX Stomp. My requirements are fairly simple including compression, octave, chorus and drive.

Can anyone who has a Stomp comment on the quality of its compression, is it good enough to gig with or is an external compressor recommended?

Thanks

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

I am considering moving from separate pedals to an HX Stomp. My requirements are fairly simple including compression, octave, chorus and drive.

Can anyone who has a Stomp comment on the quality of its compression, is it good enough to gig with or is an external compressor recommended?

Thanks

I gig with it, with a compressor and its excellent. Used to use a Cali76 but sold it once I had run this a few times. Great bit of kit

I've said this a few times but comments been get buried in big threads - if you're curious about the Helix and have an audio interface (if you don't, don't forget many multi FX units like a Zoom B3 can be used as one), you can download the trial of the software version, Helix Native, and kick the tyres!

I did so, it scratched the itch and I decided not to go ahead. Best multi FX I've tried, but I couldn't replicate some of my favourite pedal tones.

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnR said:

Thanks

Sounds like a Tech21 Bass Fly Rig.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, walshy said:

I gig with it, with a compressor and its excellent. Used to use a Cali76 but sold it once I had run this a few times. Great bit of kit

I set up some patches that have compression at the beginning and again at the end and then use the foot switches for cabs or effects. The compressors seem quite good. Here is an example of what I use. The foot switches turn on cabs for old school colour and a eq boosts. It's easy to hit 6 blocks though.

Clean212.hlx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So many different ways to utilise the stomp. With or without your amp.

1. Just as a pedal. Chorus, drive, compression, tuner etc.

2. As an amp modeller.

3. As a detuner - so you can play in drop D without changing basses etc.

4. As a DI box.

5. As a full on custom sound maker.

6. Recording.

7. Re amping.

8. A million routing options. Front of house/personal monitors/sending different sounds to different areas.

9. Bi amping.

10. Backup.

11. As a pre amp.

12. As an addition to your amps tone.

13. Headphone practice. With or without external USB audio.

14. Connecting x2 basses to one output.

It really is the ultimate swiss army knife for bassist. It's worth 3-4 times the amount that these sell for. It really is.

Yes, sorry, its dropping everything (or raising everything) by as many semi tones as you like. Not just dropping the e string.

I use it for when I need to play using that low open D. Works great. No pfaffing about changing basses or tuning. Just a click of a switch and off we go.

21 hours ago, la bam said:

Yes, sorry, its dropping everything (or raising everything) by as many semi tones as you like. Not just dropping the e string.

I use it for when I need to play using that low open D. Works great. No pfaffing about changing basses or tuning. Just a click of a switch and off we go.

create a patch and put it on here for downloading onto Helix. sounds good.