Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

Should it be of use for those wanting a synthy type fuzz: I've put the Clawthorn Drive in separate path to rest of chain, gain 1.7, tone to taste and put it at around 30% blend using the mixer at end of chain. Great for doing poppy covers that require it without sounding too gritty / metally.

• Like 1

Just spent 2 hours on the Guitar into my Marshall combo, some great guitar effects too, won't use the amp music dels on Gguitsr, but why would I with a Marshall full tube amp, but the Boss DS-1 model is great, as are all the boss blocks, tubescreamer great, and a few gems from more boutique obscure pedals.

love the Fuzz blocks on guitar and bass some great stuff. Of course it will be used 80%+ for bass. Also be good for Di I got my acoustic if I ever need to for recording etc.

29 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to save patches to a Mac? Just in case anything ever happened to the pedal and they need to be downloaded. 

Cheers. 

There is an export button on the top left (I think) of HX edit. I have my patches saved on my mac

Edited by Apeneck Sweeney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was just coming on here to see if anyone had any links to pre made patches for the stomp. 

Just got mine last week and not had much time to play around with it yet. Great piece of kit though. Whats everyones distortion of choice?? 

Just now, RnRDave said:

Was just coming on here to see if anyone had any links to pre made patches for the stomp. 

Just got mine last week and not had much time to play around with it yet. Great piece of kit though. Whats everyones distortion of choice?? 

I tend to use the amp models themselves for overdrive/distortion. Need to investigate the dedicated distortion FX blocks further!

2 hours ago, CameronJ said:

@RnRDave, you may be a candidate for this thread...

Had to Google what FRFR was there haha. This is a couple of years old now and I noticed TC electronic do a pretty affordable powered 2x10 bass cab. Wondered if that would make a nice companion to the helix? 

3 hours ago, RnRDave said:

Had to Google what FRFR was there haha. This is a couple of years old now and I noticed TC electronic do a pretty affordable powered 2x10 bass cab. Wondered if that would make a nice companion to the helix? 

What model is that? I’ve just been on the TC Electronic website and can’t see any powered cabs? As far as I can see, they do a few 2x10 bass combos but nothing that would be considered FRFR.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RnRDave said:

Whats everyones distortion of choice?? 

As far as drive goes I prefer driven valve sounds, so I like the Flip Top & Bassman models, clean and slightly driven. And the KWB pedal works well for me too.

B15-DRV_KWB_EQ + flanger.hlx

BMN-DRV_KWB_EQ + flanger.hlx

These patches both use the following switches:

FS1 - for the amp drive

FS2 - KWB drive

FS3 - Mid EQ & High EQ boost

These amp models don't have cabs, add them in if you need them. You will need to dial all these blocks in to your own tastes. There is a parallel flanger in the preset too, if you use an external switch like I do, you can activate it there.

Edited by ratman

Try this one too. It's a basic Flip Top, Octave & Filter preset. The EQ block isn't doing set up to do anything here, although I use an external switch to do stuff with it in my Stomp. Foot switches do the following:

FS1 - Octave On/Off

FS2 - Filter On/Off

FS3 - Octave Tone (mid-focused octave/deeper OC2 type )

*Also, the filter and octave are in parallel.

B15-OCT_QTR.hlx

Edited by ratman

14 hours ago, CameronJ said:

What model is that? I’ve just been on the TC Electronic website and can’t see any powered cabs? As far as I can see, they do a few 2x10 bass combos but nothing that would be considered FRFR.

I was mistaken. I was sent this one and thought it was powered. 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/tc-electronic-k212-k-series-bass-cabinet/110475

On 01/05/2019 at 13:27, ratman said:

B15-DRV_KWB_EQ + flanger.hlx 7.82 kB · 3 downloads

BMN-DRV_KWB_EQ + flanger.hlx 8.49 kB · 2 downloads

These patches both use the following switches:

FS1 - for the amp drive

FS2 - KWB drive

FS3 - Mid EQ & High EQ boost

These amp models don't have cabs, add them in if you need them. You will need to dial all these blocks in to your own tastes. There is a parallel flanger in the preset too, if you use an external switch like I do, you can activate it there.

like the first one, nice fat warm drive, good base  for running a bit more grit into, don't know of that's the vibe you were going for.

So I have my stomp now and finally getting to grips with it. Even planning to ditch the rest of my pedals in favour of it once ive given it some more tweaking here and there.

Has anyone used the Headrush 112 with the Stomp? Any other places to download some decent presets?