Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

On 07/03/2019 at 16:34, NoirBass said:

I did exactly this last weekend. I used an Alto TS312 as foldback (same spec as the Headrush 112) with the HX Stomp straight into the desk. Worked a treat.

Hey Noir, Further to your answer I also perform backing vocals, could I use the Alto/Headrush as a vocal foldback at the same time as using it as a bass monitor?

58 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Quick question... is anybody using an aftermarket power supply and using something that is rated than less that 3A? That seems quite a draw at 9v.

I've gone for the easy option of powering my Stomp with it's own provided power supply and the other 14 units (i.e. pedals and controllers) on my pedalboard with a single MXR IsoBrick. Having two plugs to power my board didn't feel like too much of an imposition. Then I have another one for my amp and a final one for my Smoothhound. So a 4 socket extension plug sorts me out.

Edited by Al Krow

58 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I've gone for the easy option of powering my Stomp with it's own provided power supply and the other 14 units (i.e. pedals and controllers) on my pedalboard with a single MXR IsoBrick. Having two plugs to power my board didn't feel like too much of an imposition. Then I have another one for my amp and a final one for my Smoothhound. So a 4 socket extension plug sorts me out.

I've got a specific use case. Don't want a load of power supplies, plug sockets and the like. I'm looking for as small as possible... whilst having a lot of 9v power on tap.

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

A polarity inverting adapter cable can have your Smooth Hound powered off the IsoBrick as well, giving you a spare socket on your extension cable for emergencies.

11 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

A polarity inverting adapter cable can have your Smooth Hound powered off the IsoBrick as well, giving you a spare socket on your extension cable for emergencies.

Yes for sure (and I have the necessary adapter). But the Smoothhound gets used primarily at gigs use and my pedal board is 'creative home use' only right now, so it makes sense to treat the Smoothhound as an 'off board' item in my case.

A four socket extension plug for my bass gear really is not a big imposition at all. Being responsible for the band PA and lights on the other hand... 😃

Just now, Al Krow said:

Yes for sure (and I have the necessary adapter). But the Smoothhound gets used primarily at gigs use and my pedal board is 'creative home use' only right now, so it makes sense to treat the Smoothhound as an 'off board' item in my case.

Ah, makes sense! Was gonna offer you my adapter (I’m sure I have it lying around in a case somewhere after selling my Smooth Hound) but no need :)

4 minutes ago, RnRDave said:

I've just done a deal on one. Can't wait for it to arrive and I'm also a bit scared to be treading into new territory. 

Welcome to the club!

Why scared? What's the worst that could happen? :) 

• 2 weeks later...

well finally got my heels stomp today. lots to get through to scratch the surface just to even get it up and running.

been looking on line 6 website and don't seem to be able to find any sort of editing tool for editing the stomp on a computer, is this correct is there nothing, i did find some thing called helix edit and firmware updater but nothing seems to happen when i open them. 

any advise please

8 hours ago, Rollin Thunder said:

not at the moment, guess it will only work when connected, i assume just connect via the cable and it will just start up.

Yup try that. The app needs to be connected to your stomp in order for it to load properly. 

Happy with the stomp so far, sound quality light years ahead of my Zoom B3n whuch was not bad to start with, the true by pass and transparency is great can still get all the natural tone from my bass, which is exactly what i wanted.

just set up around half a dozen presets with different amp sims and tried a few distortions  and Fuzz blocks as that plopped will be used most. Some if the non bass distortions work very well on bass too, the Tube screamer sounds great, it sounded crap on the zoom.

love the Galien Krueger amp the mesa channel 1 and the pearce channel 1&2 Darkgkass is good aswell

Edited by Rollin Thunder

Check out Jon Willis on Facebook. Bit of a wizard when it comes to creating bass patches for Helix & Stomp. He has a group called “Doctor Tone’s Secret Helix Lab” where he shares his patch files. I downloaded and tested as many as I could last night. They’re great! I had to do some volume levelling to get them closer to the volume of my other patches - a lot of them had gain boosts on the main L/R output block!

• Like 1