Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

Depending on what software you have (I've just upgraded to the one that's a few months old) you'll get a tuner flashing red on footswitch 3.

From there you have a few options of what type of tuner to choose from.

Oh, and they're just 'normal tuners. There's no miracle instant tune etc :)

Edited by la bam

5 minutes ago, la bam said:

Depending on what software you have (I've just upgraded to the one that's a few months old) you'll get a tuner flashing red on footswitch 3.

From there you have a few options of what type of tuner to choose from.

Oh, and they're just 'normal tuners. There's no miracle instant tune etc :)

Ah ok I have that. For a minute I thought I’d missed something huge! Searching all over the internet and FB groups xDxDxD

57 minutes ago, la bam said:

Haha, sorry :)

no, there's no miracle tune yet I'm afraid!

some units are sold with old software on, hence the nudge to upgrade.

Ah, yes. Makes sense. The new tuner features were most welcomed by the Helix community at release. It’s very good.

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

What were they going for on Black Friday when everyone snapped them up?

They have gone down a bit recently - when something comes in everyone has to buy it so it keeps the price up, then when it has calmed, it settles at a lower price.

If I was looking for one now I would wait until the end of the month

50 minutes ago, GisserD said:

2.8 is on the horizon aswell. Im led to believe this brings a lot extra to the bass guitarists.

Really? I was under the impression that it's mostly under0the-hood type stuff? I know there's a Sansamp coming...

20 minutes ago, Jack said:

Really? I was under the impression that it's mostly under0the-hood type stuff? I know there's a Sansamp coming...

Yeah I thought it was primarily the “Helix core” OS optimisation stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

20 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Yeah I thought it was primarily the “Helix core” OS optimisation stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

For us, SVT4 Pro in amps and Sansamp V1 and Ampeg Scrambler in effects, plus some under the hood improvements I think.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Muppet said:

For us, SVT4 Pro in amps and Sansamp V1 and Ampeg Scrambler in effects, plus some under the hood improvements I think.

I'm not an Ampeg aficionado, is there anything special about that one?

16 hours ago, Jack said:

I'm not an Ampeg aficionado, is there anything special about that one?

I had a real one for a few years.  It's got a switchable graphic EQ (so pseudo two channel) as well as the regular Ampeg controls, compressor and bi amping capability.   In real life it got huge headroom and a cleaner sound than the SVT.  I'd rather they'd gone for something else as that'll be the third Ampeg amp as well as the Scrambler (and Sansamp if you consider that does a SVT type sound). You'd have thought Line6 have got some sort of tie-up with Ampeg...:😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mercury Rising said:

Just pulled the trigger on one of these babies. It's got me thinking about a whole new way of setting up for a gig. Would it be feasible to plug the HX Stomp into a powered bass speaker, something like a Headrush FRFR-108, then from the Headrush into FOH?

Yep. Or straight into FOH and use the Headrush for your monitor mix from the desk. Or bin the headrush and just use the house monitors. Or send separate signals to the headrush and to FOH if you wanted a more amplike sound on stage but a cleaner feed to FOH. Or send clean and effected signals to FOH and then have whatever mix as required out front and in the monitors.. etc etc - It's pretty flexible :D

51 minutes ago, Mercury Rising said:

Just pulled the trigger on one of these babies. It's got me thinking about a whole new way of setting up for a gig. Would it be feasible to plug the HX Stomp into a powered bass speaker, something like a Headrush FRFR-108, then from the Headrush into FOH?

I did exactly this last weekend. I used an Alto TS312 as foldback (same spec as the Headrush 112) with the HX Stomp straight into the desk. Worked a treat.

Edited by NoirBass