Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

1 hour ago, Wolverinebass said:

For those of you who use this function, the crossover function on this. How is it displayed? Frequency? It's not in any of the manuals and I'm not getting one of these if it's displayed as a percentage or something weird.

Yes. Frequency.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

You’ve also got HPF and LPF blocks so you can use one of those in conjunction with a crossover to create a DuG style ‘chasm’ in the midrange!

Hah! Reminds me I need to check out the HPF on the Stomp. Is it on a par with the Thumpinator in your opinion Danny? 

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

You’ve also got HPF and LPF blocks so you can use one of those in conjunction with a crossover to create a DuG style ‘chasm’ in the midrange!

Hah! Reminds me I need to check out the HPF on the Stomp. Is it on a par with the Thumpinator in your opinion Danny? 

4 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Actually you could do it without that, just using a couple of normal branches. Or an impulse response. Or even a graphic equaliser!

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

Surely comparison between 2 utilities that are supposed to have no effect on your tone is futile?Without an oscilloscope/frequency analyser that is...

Remind me to try that some time. Mind you, I don't have a thumpinator so I would only be able to check it against the specs

First gig last night with the new Stomp. Having just moved house, I hadn't any time at all with the pedal, so in a 20 minute session yesterday afternoon I just found a factory preset I quite liked, faffed about with it a bit (changed cab, eased off the compression), and went with that. Straight into the PA, and it was a small pub, so I monitored by the traditional method of Ears And Wander Round A Bit. Sounded really, really good. I mean better-than-good-backline good...

I also set up some pitch shifting (one of the main reasons I moved on the B3 and the HD500x was the solidity of pitch shifting, which wasn't quite there) and it's rock solid.

Looking forward to having a good play with the thing once I get more than 20 minutes at a time, but initial impression is this is the last pedal I'll need, which makes it very good value...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tonyclaret said:

Yes, in fact I had a look and someone seems to mention using exactly this dual switcher on TGP:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line-6-hx-stomp.1981420/page-154

Anything with normally-open momentary switches should be fine. So far I've stuck with using an expression pedal + single momentary switch (for enabling / disabling the tuner) with my Stomp, and just switch presets by hand (as I only use a few per rehearsal / gig anyway). The next level up for me would be a MIDI controlled switch + expression device, but that ups the $$$ stakes considerably.

I just got one too. Great bit of kit. Think I’m going to get a Gekko switcher as I’d like the ability to ‘engage’ the patch having scrolled to the correct one.

I'm also contemplating going fully frfr as a result of how good the amp modelling is on the HX stomp.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2019 at 14:48, Al Krow said:

That's fighting talk, right there! Ah the confidence of youth! 😁

I'm enjoying the 'youth' bit, but seeing as I've only ever had one pedal at a time (ME50B, then the Zoom, then (very briefly) HD500x, and now the Stomp), and long periods in between without a pedal, I'm not exactly the Pedal GAS type: I don't like too much complication onstage (or off it 😀) and I only use them in the function/covers band, where we play a verrry wide range of songs, and being a trio, it's nice to get the bass tone close to the original if I can. When I'm playing with the Rawwk band(s) and dep situations, I'm happy with going straight into my Walkabout, but the function/covers band is DI/IEMs and no backline...

Having said that, if the tone I had the other night (and as I said, that was after a 20 minute from 'Now then, how does this thing work?' to All Done rush) is anything to go by, I could see myself killing rock 'n roll stone dead and going FRFR across the board...

• Like 1