Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I thought they had and called it the ..."Stomp"? :) 

I mean like the stomp, with a couple more buttons, and both full DSP channels. So twice the channels, twice the buttons and 4 times the blocks.

The stomp is good for what it is, but it isn't anything like the LT. So really I want a full helix in a HX size box. I am happy to pay the LT price, but I don't have the LT space.

They will make one eventually, might be a few years.

Edited by Woodinblack

15 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I mean like the stomp, with a couple more buttons, and both full DSP channels. So twice the channels, twice the buttons and 4 times the blocks.

The stomp is good for what it is, but it isn't anything like the LT. So really I want a full helix in a HX size box. I am happy to pay the LT price, but I don't have the LT space.

They will make one eventually, might be a few years.

More like within the next 3 months at their current rate of product releases 😂

37 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

More like within the next 3 months at their current rate of product releases 😂

haha - maybe. I think though that they develop these products and then hang on to them to wait to see what other people are going to be bringing out. The stomp came out the week before Headrush announced something very similar and sort of stole their thunder. 

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I personally don't have a problem with "grey sellers" where they are importing all taxes & customs duties paid - just providing a useful service to consumers where producers are looking to charge one lot of consumers more than another in another part of the world, simply because they can!

You're unlikely to benefit from warranty, but you get a fair degree of protection from buying through PayPal.

I'd been looking at the same seller for the HX Effects for a while but was having so much trouble deciding between Stomp, LT & HX I knew that once I made up my mind I'd not want to wait 8 weeks for it as I'd probably have changed my mind by the time it arrived.

I took the link down as I wasn't sure about basschat policy on this forum for commercial sales.

43 minutes ago, Apeneck Sweeney said:

I'd been looking at the same seller for the HX Effects for a while but was having so much trouble deciding between Stomp, LT & HX I knew that once I made up my mind I'd not want to wait 8 weeks for it as I'd probably have changed my mind by the time it arrived.

I took the link down as I wasn't sure about basschat policy on this forum for commercial sales.

I think if you are just posting a link to a third party seller for the benefit of any BCers who might be interested in grabbing a bargain (and you have no connection with the commercial seller) then I don't see there being any issue at all - you're just doing your fellow BCers a service! 

(See the "eBay weird and wonderful" thread for lots of examples). 

7 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Just had a spam from GAK - in their "special christmas deals" they have the stomp at £465. Was there a time when it was more than £465? Or do these shops assume that we have no memory.

Honestly things like that make me not trust some shops

Wunjo is a bit like that sometimes too. They have a DSI Pro 2 which is “on sale” at exactly the same price it’s always been there. 

I'm trying to fit the helix plug (dc-3G?) under my pedal train metro. I plan to use a splitter c14 to dual c13 to feed 1 spot cs6 and the dc-3G. There's only enough space for the helix power if I don't add any of the European or uk plug adaptors, as they make it too wide to fit flush against the underside of the board.  Does anyone know what I need to plug directly into the 2 flat pins? I think I might need a c14 to NEMA 5-15R and just plug into the 2 non earthed holes. I spent a lot of time searching online for information but had no luck. I would have rung up Maplins if they were still around. 

Any help appreciated as I'd rather check before ordering one.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Just strip a mains cable back, wrap the blue and brown wire round a pin each and slap some insulating tape over it, jobs a goodun' :D

Note: I am not really recommending this!

That would work in theory though, right? Maybe heat-shrink around each pin for extra security 😅

5 hours ago, CameronJ said:

That would work in theory though, right? Maybe heat-shrink around each pin for extra security 😅

It absolutely would work, yes, and maybe I would do something like that. I am just saying I don't recommend anyone else did. Except I would probably use crimps and maybe heatshrink

1 hour ago, Crawford13 said:

Just a regular one spot?

Well the regular One Spot has a total current output of 1.7A (1700mA) and the Stomp will draw the lion’s share of that - at least 1.2A (1200mA). The problem is that Morningstar don’t seem to publish the current draw of the MC6, but since it’s just a controller with a fairly simple LED screen I’d be surprised if it drew more than 250mA.

So based on fairly educated guesstimation a regular One Spot should power both no problem. Whether the MC6 will introduce noise into the signal chain I’m not sure, but I’d want to isolate the MC6 with something like a GigRig Timelord to be safe. And you’ll still need the correct barrel adaptors to go from “pedal standard” 2.1mm to the 2.5mm power input on the Stomp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cato said:

I'm leaning towards the HX at the moment because I don't think I need the amp/cab sims, but I won't be buying before the middle of January.

Just pulling you over to the more relevant thread from our Yammy general purpose chat (on all matters apart from Yamaha basses currently - lol!) 

You've probably already seen this, but just in case...and who knows there may be a couple of other Helix HX's that might come out of the woodwork direct to your pm inbox :)

• Thanks 2

On 18/12/2018 at 10:06, Woodinblack said:

Just had a spam from GAK - in their "special christmas deals" they have the stomp at £465. Was there a time when it was more than £465? Or do these shops assume that we have no memory.

But now their sale has it is for £432 (reduced from 503, which I never remember them having it at).

• Confused 1

I got the Stomp the other day and really love it, especially the amp and cab simulations sound really nice to me. 

Now, is anyone gigging with the Stomp or other amp and cab sims? My gigs are usually an amp for stage monitoring and the bass signal gets DI'ed into the PA, think small to medium sized venues. 

I guess it all depends on the sound person as always as they control your sound in the end, but my worry would be that it sounds a bit too dark or muddy with the sims enabled. Has anyone ever got feedback on this after a show? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2018 at 20:55, CameronJ said:

Well the regular One Spot has a total current output of 1.7A (1700mA) and the Stomp will draw the lion’s share of that - at least 1.2A (1200mA). The problem is that Morningstar don’t seem to publish the current draw of the MC6, but since it’s just a controller with a fairly simple LED screen I’d be surprised if it drew more than 250mA.

So based on fairly educated guesstimation a regular One Spot should power both no problem. Whether the MC6 will introduce noise into the signal chain I’m not sure, but I’d want to isolate the MC6 with something like a GigRig Timelord to be safe. And you’ll still need the correct barrel adaptors to go from “pedal standard” 2.1mm to the 2.5mm power input on the Stomp.

Thinking of using a One spot on my Stomp. So no polarity issues, just barrell size? Probably have something lying around somewhere. Why the hell is it not a standard size!