Why become a member? ×

Mini Helix - HX Stomp...

Musicman20

As a matter of interest, would one of these provide enough juice to power a stomp if you combined the outputs? Or is that going to make 18v / 2A and toast it? 

https://www.musicstore.de/en_GB/GBP/Rockboard-Power-LT-XL-Mobile-Power-Supply/art-GIT0036988-000?campaign=GShopping/UK&ProgramUUID=HADAqJarPzAAAAFlea9yjI.G&gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1haumUQC0AfWO5weTlwuXYequfiJ3hMhtRKmxyVA9IYTRE5D7qLC_3aTRoCPfEQAvD_BwE

A battery pack would make this a great portable practice rig when there's no mains available. 

Edited by mingsta

Early thoughts: had about half an hour to briefly tinker with the Stomp last night. Only really had the chance to install the drivers/software on my laptop and play through the stock bass patches for a bit. Some really nice bass tones straight out of the box!

I’m hoping to give it a whirl connected to my iPad today so will be eager to see how well it works as a class compliant audio interface!

1 minute ago, CameronJ said:

Early thoughts: had about half an hour to briefly tinker with the Stomp last night. Only really had the chance to install the drivers/software on my laptop and play through the stock bass patches for a bit. Some really nice bass tones straight out of the box!

I’m hoping to give it a whirl connected to my iPad today so will be eager to see how well it works as a class compliant audio interface!

If you like the stock patches then you’ll love what it’s capable of when you make your own. I think the Helix stock patches are pretty rubbish tbh...

3 hours ago, Muppet said:

Can you transfer existing Helix floor patches, snapshots and all, to the Stomp? I realise the footswitch assignments won't be kept but apart from that?

No, the patches aren’t transferable due to the OS differences between Stomp and Full Helix, but I think it’s possible to open 2 instances of HX Edit (one connected to Full Helix and one connected to Stomp) and drag blocks from one to the other. 

• Thanks 1

I noted that PMT sent a 10% off everything for black friday thing today. As they have the HX stomp for £465 the same as everyone else, presumably that would take it down to less than £420.

Might be worth checking out if anyone is looking. Not much help for me, they have the HX effects for 10% more than andersons, and although they price match I doubt they are going to price match and then take 10% off!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I noted that PMT sent a 10% off everything for black friday thing today. As they have the HX stomp for £465 the same as everyone else, presumably that would take it down to less than £420.

Might be worth checking out if anyone is looking. Not much help for me, they have the HX effects for 10% more than andersons, and although they price match I doubt they are going to price match and then take 10% off!

Cheers Woody, for that tip-off!! Yup they're selling the Stomp for £418.50 today.

Just called PMT Shoreditch and they have two in stock. I've put a deposit down and I'll pop over to pick up at some point in the next few days.

How very convenient having Black Friday the day before a b'day weekend. Must try to remember that next year 😎

...and I understand I'm not the only one who has just taken advantage of this 10% off deal by PMT 😊

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

So I make that a total of six of us who have got one of these this past week :) 

Just to summarise the comments that you're about to get from us "early adopters" for anyone who only has time for a speed read:

1. We will all be delighted / amazed / bowled over and assert that this pedal is the best thing since sliced bread;

2. In three months time half of us will be selling up " 'cos it wasn't quite what we were looking for in terms of our 'sound' ", or cos the Helix mini-Stomp has just been released that also makes the tea and this pedal doesn't.

😂

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

So I make that a total of six of us who have got one of these this past week :) 

Just to summarise the comments that you're about to get from us "early adopters" for anyone who only has time for a speed read:

1. We will all be delighted / amazed / bowled over and assert that this pedal is the best thing since sliced bread;

2. In three months time half of us will be selling up " 'cos it wasn't quite what we were looking for in terms of our 'sound' ", or cos the Helix mini-Stomp has just been released that also makes the tea and this pedal doesn't.

😂

I think it will be different for us who have had Helix experience. 

As a full fat Helix owner pretty much since release, I'd proffer two bits of sage wisdom:

1. Helix is one of those things that at first seems not quite as good as it could be, but then you start building your own patches, using it in ways you didn't think you could, discovering additional things that are disproportionately more useful than you thought they would be, and the whole experience seems different over time

2. Line6's updates are more than crucial. At first, when I got Helix, the bass related stuff was okay. Not great, but okay. As updates have continued they have added Amps, cabs, effects, features etc that have made the bass side of things more than great. I would thoroughly expect this update cycle to continue and keep adding great stuff to an already great tool.

• Thanks 1

Another solution for those seeking more control of the Stomp. There’s an iPhone/iPad app called Midi Designer Pro which, when connected to the Stomp via a Camera Connection Kit allows you to send whatever MIDI commands you want to the Stomp instantly. Video below:

13 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Another solution for those seeking more control of the Stomp. There’s an iPhone/iPad app called Midi Designer Pro which, when connected to the Stomp via a Camera Connection Kit allows you to send whatever MIDI commands you want to the Stomp instantly. Video below:

It’s just occurred to me that you could also achieve this with a wireless MIDI adapter such as: https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/160121292686008--yamaha-md-bt01-wireless-midi-adapter?gclid=CjwKCAiAiuTfBRAaEiwA4itUqBfssrjCVdRBQJfw4t3Nbp2Np-16TOTKJ66Ln2y0RRsAHENcs013kBoC8rYQAvD_BwE

Would work nicely as long as you have space to the left of your Stomp for the dongles to stick out of!

2 hours ago, CameronJ said:

It’s just occurred to me that you could also achieve this with a wireless MIDI adapter such as: https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/160121292686008--yamaha-md-bt01-wireless-midi-adapter?gclid=CjwKCAiAiuTfBRAaEiwA4itUqBfssrjCVdRBQJfw4t3Nbp2Np-16TOTKJ66Ln2y0RRsAHENcs013kBoC8rYQAvD_BwE

Would work nicely as long as you have space to the left of your Stomp for the dongles to stick out of!

Cam - why do you think we will need all these additional contraptions with the Stomp?

I'd have thought you could just edit the patches as you want them and order them to match your set list order, and just scroll through. 

After all, folk seem to manage perfectly with just ONE foot switch on the Zoom MS-60B. 

Edited by Al Krow