Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier Bass vi

Phill

Picked up this bass vi at a music store/studio I freelance at. Ex demo model for a great price! Needs new strings & set up etc. I've alway been interested in this instruments history & usage in different genres.

IMG_2678.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

• Like 2

Enjoy your new bass.

For getting the best out of a Bass VI, have a look at this thread - in particular EssentialTension's posts about strings, set up, shimming the neck and replacing the bridge. Then move on to my review of the Bass VI including more set up and modification advice. Then you might want to have at look at this thread about the alternatives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Enjoy your new bass.

For getting the best out of a Bass VI, have a look at this thread - in particular EssentialTension's posts about strings, set up, shimming the neck and replacing the bridge. Then move on to my review of the Bass VI including more set up and modification advice. Then you might want to have at look at this thread about the alternatives.

Thanks for the input! it's going off to my tech in the next few days I'll definitely look through those now thank you 👍

37 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

I had one for a while and they are good fun to mess around on. I imagine if you're actively recording you will definitely find some good uses for it! Enjoy! 

Yea I'm fancying recording some spaghetti western type themes at the moment