Why become a member? ×

Valeton pedals.

Japhet

I've been putting together an experimental pedal board using relatively cheap components (probably got too much time on my hands). I found a couple of Valeton pedals on ebay in the last couple of months and have to say that they are both fabulous. First up was an OC 10 octaver which is a copy of the Boss OC2 and it does a terrific job of capturing what that pedal was all about. Cost me £40. Second up is a FP 10 which is a copy of the old Boss FET preamp pedal which I nabbed for £22. Presumably meant for guitarists but it is stonkingly good on bass as well as I found out at a full volume rehearsal last night. Absolutely blown away by the tone and clean boost on tap, and both pedals are buffered too as an extra bonus. I've not been a fan of Boss pedals in the past but these 2 are keepers. In fact, the FP 10 sounded so good the guitarist has nabbed it for a tryout.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2018 at 14:04, Japhet said:

I've been putting together an experimental pedal board using relatively cheap components (probably got too much time on my hands). I found a couple of Valeton pedals on ebay in the last couple of months and have to say that they are both fabulous. First up was an OC 10 octaver which is a copy of the Boss OC2 and it does a terrific job of capturing what that pedal was all about. Cost me £40. Second up is a FP 10 which is a copy of the old Boss FET preamp pedal which I nabbed for £22. Presumably meant for guitarists but it is stonkingly good on bass as well as I found out at a full volume rehearsal last night. Absolutely blown away by the tone and clean boost on tap, and both pedals are buffered too as an extra bonus. I've not been a fan of Boss pedals in the past but these 2 are keepers. In fact, the FP 10 sounded so good the guitarist has nabbed it for a tryout.

Where do you find these deals? I’d be up for trying the OC-10 for that money. 

Just now, Quatschmacher said:

Where do you find these deals? I’d be up for trying the OC-10 for that money. 

Just kept an eye on ebay in case anything good came up. The OC 10 had a Buy it Now price so I had that and I bid £22 on the FET preamp and nobody else did. They're both great pedals.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dood said:

I bought my OC-10 from Donner direct. Took ages to get here but at a considerable saving.

Are you holding onto your OC-10 now then Dood - I thought you'd only got it on a whim / weren't planning to keep it? If not, it would seem you have a ready customer with a Valeton OC-10 wanted sign above :) 

55 minutes ago, Jonathan Bee said:

Thanks guys 🙂 just ordered OC 10 from donnerdeal.com for £32! They have 10% off at the moment

That's a great price! Let us know if you agree with what we've been finding in the OC-10 review thread...

On 04/10/2018 at 20:13, Al Krow said:

Are you holding onto your OC-10 now then Dood - I thought you'd only got it on a whim / weren't planning to keep it? If not, it would seem you have a ready customer with a Valeton OC-10 wanted sign above :) 

Total whim yes! 

I've been so busy these last couple of weeks, it ad literally been switched on once! GUH! So I'll be hanging on to it until I can try it with a band... but, don't forget.. Line 6 Stomp has appeared.. I feel sorry for the pedals that finally made it ON to my mini board! 

On 05/10/2018 at 09:16, Jonathan Bee said:

Thanks guys 🙂 just ordered OC 10 from donnerdeal.com for £32! They have 10% off at the moment

I believe that is what I paid for mine too, I half expected to be clobbered for customs and excise but didn't.

15 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@JaphetI can't quite get my head around what the FP-10 is adding. But the fact that you're recommending it so highly has got me interested! Any chance of getting a couple of clips recorded in by-pass and engaged modes? 

I put it at the front of the chain where it acts as a buffer/boost. It pushes the drive pedals primarily but it also adds what I can only describe as a 'plumminess' to the tone. I don't really have any means to record anything though.