Why become a member? ×

NAD Bugera Veyron BV1001M

Chienmortbb

I've not got mine right now, but only because the rhythm guitarist is depping for me in one of my bands and she lives up multiple flights of stairs, so I've let her borrow it. Basically I've loaned her a lightweight cab and an amp which won't break her back but I can absolutely rely on won't let her down either.

19 hours ago, Al Krow said:

So all you Bugera M owners on this thread, you've had your amps for six months or longer now :) 

Did you get to the bottom of the 'dirty noise' point that @goingdownslow mentioned?

The noise when turning the master volume control whilst playing is still there but doesn't affect the sound otherwise. May be a 'design faultfeature'.

One thing I have noticed is that I have to use the -15db setting (never use the pad on my other amps) as without it even with the gain low it clips very easily and sounds compressed/squashed (compressor off), is this the 'Dynamizer Technology'?

Overall I am happy with the amp and will be keeping it. It is now my mini rig, paired with a recently purchased TC RS212.

Edited by goingdownslow
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, goingdownslow said:

The noise when turning the master volume control whilst playing is still there but doesn't affect the sound otherwise. May be a 'design faultfeature'.

One thing I have noticed is that I have to use the -15db setting (never use the pad on my other amps) as without it even with the gain low it clips very easily and sounds compressed/squashed (compressor off), is this the 'Dynamizer Technology'?

Overall I am happy with the amp and will be keeping it. It is now my mini rig, paired with a recently purchased TC RS212.

Weird. I have the bass boost and treble boost active on mine all the time. I have the -15db button off, with an active bass (Seymore Duncan pups and preamp) and use the built in compressor and never get any clipping. But it sounds amazing. Punchy as hell and more volume than I'll ever need to keep up with a 3 guitar (+ bucket basher and singist) band. 

I've never noticed any kind of noise coming from it either, but then I tend to set it up and leave it alone. If I need to adjust the volume or anything on the fly I do it on the bass rather than the amp. So maybe it's just something I haven't encountered. 

• Like 1