Why become a member? ×

There is life after 50

Guest aDx

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Well done Ad...

I bumped into the fella who's in charge of the Music dept at the Uni...he can only release details of students studying music internally(to other Uni staff)..so there about 500 musical contacts for you.

2 bands are enough ta!  Lol

5 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

As an aside, music or otherwise, I find these adverts abhorrent.  These effing jolly old technicolour backstories selling a product barely a step above loan sharkism.  Believe me, if anyone thinks it's a good idea to enter into one of these schemes, step back from the edge, take a deep breath and just don't do it. 

I agree...

However it's nice to see that just for once in a TV advert the band and singer are REAL, not actors - The Phobics, local to round here, who've been plugging away with garage punk for 20 years and deserve a bit of a payday IMHO.

Edited by KK Jale

I'm 52 and still out gigging fairly regularly. Guitarist and drummer are a few years younger than me and the singer is in his 20s.

To be fair, I probably wouldn't be up for three or four gigs in a row over on the West Coast (Ullapool, Skye, Tobermory and then Dundee on one memorable weekend trip) sleeping in bothies and vans with the drummer's farting dog, and drinking with the locals til 5am any more, though. :)

At 53 I'm not quite the youngest in the band but band life is good.

We've just released a new single

We've got a new album coming out at the end of the month.

We're playing the Lexington on halloween

Magasin4 in Brussels on Nov10

Melkweg in Amsterdam on Dec15

AN Club Athens March 2

O2 Islington Academy on March 16

50s band life is good

The Melkweg is great, Ian, am sure you`ll enjoy playing there. If you`ve not played Amsterdam before a tip is don`t get taxis, they`re hideously expensive, and the public transport both to and from the airport is very good/cheap.

1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

The Melkweg is great, Ian, am sure you`ll enjoy playing there. If you`ve not played Amsterdam before a tip is don`t get taxis, they`re hideously expensive, and the public transport both to and from the airport is very good/cheap.

We're driving to that one - 6 seat crew cab transit so we can take our own backline and kit etc for a change

2 minutes ago, Twigman said:

We're driving to that one - 6 seat crew cab transit so we can take our own backline and kit etc for a change

Awesome, just and a look at the gigs above and rather annoyingly am away for the ones I can get to - am sure I`ll catch you guys at some point tho, I`ll make it a mission on which I have to succeed.

• Like 1