Why become a member? ×

Source Audio Manta and Hub TouchOSC mobile phone controller

Quatschmacher

I downloaded TouchOSC the other day and have created a template for the Manta which allows control over all parameters and a page that allows direct access to any of the 128 presets. It’s not quite as elegant as I would’ve liked as the exclusive toggles sent out two messages and ended up causing chaos. It’s a shame as it would’ve allowed the currently-selected preset to be highlighted. This is the best I could do so far within the limitations of the software.

Please let me know if you download it and have any further suggestions. I’m experimenting with the XY pads and such and will add more tabs when I feel they are properly functional.

Download my template from here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aJBilCdrp1k6OpMm_dZkuOrNPUw6CiCX

You’ll need to get the app from the iTunes app/Play store. It is possible to sync without recourse to the TouchOSC PC editor.

E860BF46-0EBA-40A7-90D6-479741D1C1F7.png

412912F9-AF92-4323-8C98-79D8599B7EC6.png

68A38276-B790-4793-946C-C1774E463FAA.png

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

One slight problem I’ve encountered is that  if the parameters have been changed on the app, when performing a scene save these aren’t correctly saved! There seems to be some kind of weird behaviour that means that it’s only either the physical positions of the knobs that get saved or the positions as dictated by a preset change.

Things work fine when remotely changing settings via the SA hub manager software so I’m not sure what the problem is.

I think I’ll drop a line to source audio and see if they can shed some light on why this might be.