Why become a member? ×

Eude throws down the gauntlet

Andyjr1515

1 minute ago, cheddatom said:

no, not particularly, just wondered what it sounded like. It looks right up my street. I love 6 strings

It does sound lovely.
I'm playing a couple of finger style examples and maybe a bit of Primus too ;) 

• Like 1

Guest Marcoelwray
2 hours ago, eude said:

Hey mate, not yet I'm afraid.
Juggling young children and work is making doing anything much for myself pretty tricky, even getting to a decent barbers has eluded me for longer than it should, I'm starting to look like Tom Hanks in Castaway!

I was hoping to get a couple of videos done, but doing this without waking the kids is basically unpossible.
If I don't manage over the coming weekend, I'll just do some audio with my little Olympus digital recorder and pop them on SoundCloud.

While you're here, is there anything particular you'd like to hear?

Eude

Groove on the low B ! Can't you record through DI (silent) ?

10 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

Groove on the low B ! Can't you record through DI (silent) ?

No problem mate, will work something out.
I have one of these >> https://shop.olympus.eu/en_GB/recording-dictation/audio-recorders/ls-100 which I can plug straight in to, completely clean signal path bass -> digital 😎

Eude

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a little bump, I still intend to record some clips of the bass very soon.
I've had flu lately and work/home life has been pretty hectic, but it's still on my mind.

I did a super quick recording on my phone playing Music for Chameleons for a friends 40th birthday, an in joke, and it sounds absolutely wonderful through my little Warwick practice amp, but the clip is too quiet to be worth sharing, recorded very late at night while everyone else was asleep, but I did make a video, so it can be done, see?...

778807169_Screenshot2019-02-21at15_40_15.thumb.png.e6a8e6240886cb7622084fcbfe613277.png

The bass feels so wonderful and so familiar, every time I pick it up, so thank you once again @Andyjr1515 for all your wonderful work in resurrecting this bass for me.

Watch this space, and sorry for the delay!

Eude

Edited by eude
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, eude said:

Just a little bump, I still intend to record some clips of the bass very soon.
I've had flu lately and work/home life has been pretty hectic, but it's still on my mind.

I did a super quick recording on my phone playing Music for Chameleons for a friends 40th birthday, an in joke, and it sounds absolutely wonderful through my little Warwick practice amp, but the clip is too quiet to be worth sharing, recorded very late at night while everyone else was asleep, but I did make a video, so it can be done, see?...

778807169_Screenshot2019-02-21at15_40_15.thumb.png.e6a8e6240886cb7622084fcbfe613277.png

The bass feels so wonderful and so familiar, every time I pick it up, so thank you once again @Andyjr1515 for all your wonderful work in resurrecting this bass for me.

Watch this space, and sorry for the delay!

Eude

Excellent :)  Thanks for posting - even if it is a silent and still movie :lol:

It looks good!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Excellent :)  Thanks for posting - even if it is a silent and still movie :lol:

It looks good!

OK, if you insist!

As mentioned before, it's terribly quiet, and you can hear the straplocks rattling too, but you can get a sense of the tone of this wonderful bass, tone all the way up, amp set flat... This was recorded in one take, for a joke, so apologies for the sloppy playing, proper stuff to follow.

Eude

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

You see.  Not so painful was it? :)

Sounds pretty stupendous to me.  Nice playing, too :)

Very kind of you to say, I can do better though.

It was somewhat painful ;)

Eude

Edited by eude
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Spoombung said:

Ewan, you must be chuffed. :)

PS. Get a shave, young man

I'm absolutely delighted mate.

And as for shaving? I'm just trying out a few new looks, hobo, supervillain etcs.

Eude

• 2 months later...

Some LONG overdue sound samples here!
Recorded direct into my little Olympus LS-100, so no processing, compression or otherwise involved here, just the tone straight out of the bass. Soundcloud seems to have added some nice hiss when it compressed the WAV files, so sorry about that, it's not from the bass at all. Will try and figure out why and re upload when I can.

Apologies in advance for the sloppy playing, I'm seriously out of practice here, I've been having some issues with my hands, which I though might be arthritis, but thankfully isn't but is yet to be properly diagnosed, and it's a bloody 6 string fretless!

Anyway, here's a little playlist, including walking from the open B in semitones up to F on the C string and back down again so you can get an idea of the range and overall tone.
I have to say, I'm delighted how the bass plays and sounds!

Eude

Edited by eude